cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving Email from Plusnet on ntlworld account

JoeMcG
On our wavelength

Hi,

I have an account with Plusnet for my mobile phone. Recently I have tried to reset my password on their server, but didn't receive the password reset links on my ntlworld account. I asked them to temporarily change my email address on the account to a different account and it worked. Since then I switched back to my ntlworld address and I am still not receiving messages from Plusnet. They informed me that this is an issue with the ntlworld email server and to contact you.

21 REPLIES 21

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Are you receiving messages on that email account from other senders, just not from Plusnet? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

JoeMcG
On our wavelength

As far as I am aware, I am receiving all other email sent to ntlworld, but I can't be certain.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Have you checked your spam folder? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

JoeMcG
On our wavelength

Yep, in my client and on the server - they are definitely not getting to my account.

JoeMcG
On our wavelength
By on the server, I mean in web mail.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I think you need to check with Plusnet that they are sending to the right address. 

- jpeg1

JoeMcG
On our wavelength

I already did - after I reset my password, I changed email add back to ntlworld on my account and asked them to resend the last bill - not received.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JoeMcG wrote:

after I reset my password, I changed email add back to ntlworld on my account and asked them to resend the last bill - not received.

I also have a Plusnet mobile phone account but the email address it uses is my Gmail account. Here's what I have just done :

1. Changed my Plusnet account to use my ntlworld address.
  2. Then I went through Plusnet's online reset password process.
  3. I did not receive a reset email in my ntlworld address but I did receive an SMS message with the password reset link on my mobile.
  4. I then changed my Plusnet account back to my Gmail address and went through the password reset process again.
  5. Almost immediately I received an SMS message with the reset link.
  6. After about 5 minutes I received the reset email in my Gmail account.

So my experience confirms that there does seem to be an issue with VM email accounts not receiving Plusnet emails.

It would be useful to know what evidence the Plusnet email support staff have to back up their statement to you that"this is an issue with the ntlworld email server". For example are they getting rejection or error messages back from the VM server?

In the meantime I will escalate this to VM Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) for them to pass this issue on to the the IT security team.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JoeMcG

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you're having issues receiving Plus Net emails. 
Does adding the PlusNet email address to your webmail address book allow the email to be received? By adding it to an allow-list/whitelist  should prevent this from happening as it'll know it's a known (and thus safe) sender. 
Let me know if this has worked for you, if not we'll investigate further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley