Menu
lona13
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not received emails

I have recently been unable to receive emails from a company that I use all the time .I found a post about this and did the things it suggested to do changing spam settings and it as made no difference still not receiving them. I have checked that it isn't my anti virus that is stopping them it isn't that. It seems to be since my PC had a Microsoft update or it could be just coincidence. I am unable to use the website until i can receive emails to change it .any ideas please

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not received emails

Sign into webmail and check:

• if the missing messages are in the Spam folder
  • the sender email address is not list under > Settings > ▸ Email > Blacklist
  • there are no unexpected rules under > Settings > ▸ Email > Filter Rules
    NB: if any unexpected rules are found then follow the advice here What to do if your email's been hacked and afterwards sign into webmail and select > Quit other sessions as well

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
lona13
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply checked all them and they are all fine .nothing set as what it shouldn't be set at No emails 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This kind of situation is a nightmare to resolve if the test you have carried out are all perfectly normal.

The sender will have access to their e-mail logs which will show any messages that they have received from VM's mail servers if VM have rejected the mail at source. Start your conversation with the sender now, and report back here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
lona13
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have been on to the sender they have checked their email logs and haven't had anything from VM  saying the email wasn't been sent or received by me. They are going to get their IT department to send me  a temporary password then I can at least access my account. Many thanks for all your help

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You did well, but the response you have had is really strange. The iron rule of the mail system everywhere is that if mail is not delivered the sender gets a message as to why in their e-mail logs so the issue can be identified and rectified. So something doesn't ring true here.

VM have some very strict policies in place on accepting mail, or rather not accepting mail, which appears to be spam or looks spammy (can you imagine!). I wonder what is going on here?

Please come back to us for more advice if this appears to be happening again. If there is a next time then please let ius know the domain that the mail is being sent from or on behalf of, eg @joebloogsinc.com

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

lona13
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I did think that I know if I send an email VM soon tell me if its not been delivered. Maybe they thought it was to much like hard work to follow it up and at the end of the day if I couldn't access my emails to reset my password it stops my kidults using their site and spending their money
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's an amusing take on this kind of problem. Good luck.