Menu
ClairG
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not able to get emails on Iphone 6s

I cannot access my emails on my iphone 6s - I called on 3rd January and was on for 45mins with the call handler who was unable to fix, said someone would call in 5 days no contact as yet.

When I try to access my emails it says the username or password for blueyonder.co.uk is incorrect.

Initially I was receiving emails but unable to send now unable to do either and I have important emails that have been sent to me and I am unable to access these.

I have used the online guide to ensure all the settings are ok on my iphone and they all match.

I have changed my password on my virgin media account and also changed to the same on my phone settings.

I have deleted the full set up on my iphone and started again.

Nothing I have done has worked and I have been left without email service now for a good few weeks and I do need access to these!

Please can someone help?

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not able to get emails on Iphone 6s

@ClairG wrote:

I have changed my password on my virgin media account and also changed to the same on my phone settings.

What happens when you use your blueyonder email address and that new password to sign directly into the VM Webmail service from this link  https://mail.virginmedia.com  ? Can you access your emails or do you get an error message from the website?

The answer to that question will help determine the next step towards resolving the problem you are seeing on the iPhone. 😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
ClairG
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If I do try and do this I just get the message "your mailbox is not available at the moment"?

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@ClairG wrote:

If I do try and do this I just get the message "your mailbox is not available at the moment"?

Thanks, that means the problem is nothing to do with the email app setup on your phone but that there is an issue with your VM email account itself.

The advice would normally be to reset your password but you have already done that so it means it will need to be resolved by VM. The Forum Team (VM employees) can do that for you. Just wait and one of them will contact you through this forum thread and get your details securely by Private Message (PM).

It may take them a day or so to reach this thread but they will get to you. 😉

Error messages from email phones apps  often default to the old faithful "incorrect username or password" message rather than specify the real issue.  Something to remember if you get problems sending or receiving emails on your phone in the future is to head over to the VM Webmail. That way you can identify if the problem is with your phone or with the VM email account itself.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
ClairG
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for you help with this and advice will wait to hear from someone 🙂

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ClairG, 

Thank you for your post. 

I will send you over a private message to get some details 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos