Menu
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Norton and Mcafee

We seem to be receiving 5-6 emails each day for over a week now about our Norton/Mcafee Antivirus subscription expiry, received payment and renewals notifications. Never had them. Has someone managed to collect a list of VM email addresses or are we just unlucky. We even got one by automated phone call a few days ago, 

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Norton and Mcafee

Just unlucky in the latest spam lottery I would suggest.  I set up a filter to move them out of the inbox a few days ago as well as marking them as spam.

Last one was about three days ago.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I use the MS outlook phishing report tool and also forward them to phishing.gov.uk email site. I suspect that when they open them it validates my email address so I get even more junk. Marking them as spam to send them directly to the junk mail folder is pointless as the senders email address constantly changes but the layout format is the same. Lucky me. I also have $35681.23 in the Bitcoin account that I never opened. Unfortunately I will loose it all tomorrow as I haven't confirmed receipt. Ha Ha Ha. I opened an Outlook.com email address for official business a few years ago so the junk is all on my old ntlworld address.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

". I opened an Outlook.com email address for official business a few years ago so the junk is all on my old ntlworld address."

Just goes to show how experiences differ.  I too have MSN and Hotmail addresses, which are part of the outlook.com family and I get far more spam emails on a daily basis to those accounts than I do to my VM addresses.

The recent Norton one, which now seems to have stopped, being the exception.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@SH3user wrote:

I use the MS outlook phishing report tool and also forward them to phishing.gov.uk email site. I suspect that when they open them it validates my email address so I get even more junk. …

That suspicion is misplaced (IMHO) as they are interested in the email's source text and would not be loading remote content embedded in the message, for example an image; this is the reason why most email client are set to not load remote content by default.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is now totally out of control. I would say that hourly I am getting Norton and McAfee phishing emails. It’s non stop day and night.

Now they are a joke, ridiculously poorly put together. Bad altered screenshots.

Can’t VM filter these or stop them it’s a tsunami now! I do put them in block, but the sending address keeps changing. The content however is very similar so surely VM can stop that, or monitor where this considerable amount of E Mails are coming from. 
Clearly fraud trying to get your bank details, VM should be working with the police to stop it. 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is getting ridiculous. I'm receiving these emails in multiples, by the hour. I've used the 'report spam' button and set up filters but as others have said, the email addresses have changed. It definitely appears to be virgin related as emails I have with other providers are unaffected.

Any ideas what else I can do to stop these? The email address is a long standing address going back to the days of Telewest so I really don't want to close this. 

Tags (3)