Menu
Tinnysteve
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Non customer email passwords

Hello 

is it possible to access passwords I set up for family emails I had on my account for 12 years , I’ve moved and can not get virgin in my area so no longer have an account?

many thanks 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Non customer email passwords

Hello

If the email addresses are still in use as you are no longer a VM customer then I am afraid that all the support staff can do is delete the orphaned accounts.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure what you are trying to do so I'll reply as to the general position, but with the information I think you need. No organisation will give you passwords. So forget that as a route.

If you have now left VM all your e-mail accounts with them will be closed after 90 days (usually) and the contents deleted. That is the serious downside to using ISP related e-mail addresses.

If you are still within the 90 days period and you want access your existing passwords should work. If not you can try using the "Forgotten password" link when you log in via WM web mail and try to recover the account. That way you can reset the password, at least for the time being.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Tinnysteve
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I still use a virgin media email 3 years on from being a customer the problem is an email address I set up for my mum she has lost password and I can’t set up her iPad 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why on earth didn't you say that at the beginning?

You and your Mum have no right to use VM e-mail. The system is for VM paying Broadband customers only.  The only way to sort out the password issue is to use the forgotten password link when she signs in. But no guarantees. I've explained how you do that

VM will eventually close these accounts without warning. Move to new non-ISP linked accounts now, while you have access to move your contacts and mail.

If you ask VM for help they will help you - by deleting both accounts within a few days.

0 Kudos
Tinnysteve
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks for the help

0 Kudos