Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No new messages in last few days

A plea for help.

I have received no new emails since Monday (now Sat). Normally I receive over 20 - 50 per day. I have not found it possible to reach anyone a VM, understandably call centers are closed. But this is my main email account, the one I rely on for important notifications.

I have done all the usual resetting of passwords, checking via my moblie data and via pc using bband. all to no avail.

Can anyone offer any help?

rgds Richard

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No new messages in last few days

@R1ch1969 wrote:

A plea for help.

I have received no new emails since Monday (now Sat). Normally I receive over 20 - 50 per day. I have not found it possible to reach anyone a VM, understandably call centers are closed. But this is my main email account, the one I rely on for important notifications.

I have done all the usual resetting of passwords, checking via my moblie data and via pc using bband. all to no avail.

Can anyone offer any help?

rgds Richard

Have you also checked in the settings under webmail to see if any auto forwarding rules or filters have been set up to direct your emails elsewhere?

See section 4 of this help page, also take note of the other advice presented there: virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham_A

Thanks for the advice, some dodgy **** had added an auto forward rule to my email account!

I have followed the steps in page you linked and had already run AV and malware scans in safe mode this am. So hopefully that keeps things secure.

thanks again.    

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Make sure you change the answers to your security questions as well, if you haven't already done so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks