Menu
Simpson76
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No link in email

I've registered a new email address I have received an email to verify change it says to click the link in email before I can sign in to my virgin media but there is no link

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No link in email

Something not right here.  If you create a new secondary account in My Virgin Media there are no verification emails sent.  Just a confirmation to the primary account that a new account has been created.

Can you explain in more detail what you have tried to do that has led to this verification email?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Simpson76
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When I now try to log in it keeps giving a screen telling me to open the email and click the confirm my email in the link

0 Kudos
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Simpson76 wrote:

I've registered a new email address I have received an email to verify change it says to click the link in email before I can sign in to my virgin media but there is no link

I have a theory as to what may have happened.Smiley Wink

Firstly, here are the instructions on how to create a new Virgin Media email account and you will see that as Graham_A as already said, the process does not involve any verification email. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-create-a-new-email-address

The clue may be your comment  "When I now try to log in it keeps giving a screen telling me to open the email and click the confirm my email in the link".

To me, that suggests that what you may have inadvertently done is to attempt to change the email address that you use to sign in to your My Virgin Media account which VM always refer to as your 'Username'.

The process for that is set out in the section titled 'How do I change my username' of this link https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-create-and-manage-account

There it actually says"If the new address isn’t an address you previously used to sign in to eBilling, we’ll send you an email with a link to confirm your new username"

If I am right, the VM system is now totally confused because changing the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media only works if you are changing it to a third party (non VM) email address.

You have specified a new VM email address that does not actually exist and I suspect that it will need intervention from VM to sort it out. However, one of the experienced users on the forum may have come across this before and know a way out of your impasse.

The back stop may be that one of the Forum Team (VM employees) can unravel the impasse but it may take them a day or two to pick up on this thread.

Alternatively, you may come back with some more information that blows my theory out of the water.Smiley Embarassed

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I rather suspect that to be the case as well.

If the op signs into My Virgin Media with the original username they should see a message about the username change with an option to cancel it.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Graham_A wrote:

If the op signs into My Virgin Media with the original username they should see a message about the username change with an option to cancel it.

Yes, I now realise that the op is getting the message about needing to click on the link because they are trying to sign in with their 'new' email address.

Hopefully the problem can be sorted without any intervention from VM. Smiley Happy

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer