Menu
FranNewb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No help from Call Centre,

saying transfering me and nothing happens this has gone on for 2 weeks now, my latest effort is I have been in a queue for 28 hours

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No help from Call Centre,

I can't fix VM's crap call centres*, but is the problem something this forum can help with?  A bit of a description would be a start.

* Actually I could, I've worked for a number of similar very large customer service businesses, I understand the costs, compromises, the regulation, and what drives customer satisfaction.  But like all call centre operators, VM measure things like calls abandoned, call waiting times, first time resolution, customer satisfaction, so they know and have known for years that customers HATE their third rate, third world customer service, and therefore the only logical explanation is that they must be actively choosing to provide customers with poor service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
FranNewb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you its nice to know someone actually listened to me. 

I had a letter on 7th August telling me there had been suspicious activity on my Email account and what they had done and what I had to do which I did. When I access my emails i get the message 403 FORBIDDEN  this was from 7th August and it is still the same. I had a very nasty email telling me they knew my password and unless I sent them 10,000 bitcoins they would cause trouble for me. I just ignored this message but now I am wondering because I havent been able to get into my email account since.

I am 74 years of age and I don't think I can take much more of this, I dread to think how many times my password has been changed but still the email account does not work. 

The last contact was at 8.00am yesterday, I just kept getting asked did I still need help, the reply to this one came again now at 11.37 today. Surely someone know what to do, there is not much more of this I can take, I bet i would hear from them if I didnt pay my bill.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@FranNewb  The 403 error message requires a fault ticket to be raised with the IT department to be resolved.

The VM Forum Team will be able to arrange this for you.  They will respond to this thread as soon as they can.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know, one of my colleague "Insightful Persons" has flagged that for the forum staff, so they'll pick this up now.  You'll probably get a response from them tomorrow.

EDIT - sorry @Graham_A when I started typing there was an escalation flag, but your post in response wasn't showing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It would appear that an email account, locked by Virgin Media for "security purposes", when unlocked by Virgin Media causes a 403 error message, which then requires an IT ticket to be raised to resolve?

You couldn't make it up.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@FranNewb wrote:

.I had a very nasty email telling me they knew my password and unless I sent them 10,000 bitcoins they would cause trouble for me. I just ignored this message but now I am wondering because I havent been able to get into my email account since.

Regarding that nasty email, it may have been related to the suspicious activity that Virgin media referred to but probably not.

Such blackmail scam emails have been around for years. There are many different versions but they usually quote an  email password in any effort to justify their claims that they have been able to gain control of your computer and have webcam footage of you at your computer. The password is often out of date and will have come from one of the many data breaches at a host of different organisations.

This link from the Action Fraud website is a coupe of years old but it is still very relevant. https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/alert/alert-cyber-criminals-send-victims-their-own-passwords-in-ne...

Have a read through and take note of the advice under the Suspected  data breach and How to protect yourself headings.

Also, once VM have reinstated access to your email account you should follow VM's advice here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked 

Basically you did the right think to ignore that email, the sender has no idea who you are and definitely does not have access to your computer.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
FranNewb
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have 2 tickets raised on this issue but nothing has been done about it, I did have a phone call from someone and he wanted lots of details, passwords account number email address but it was verbal which isn't the usual case on here. I gave him the info and he said he would be back in a day, this was Thursday and I haven't heard a thing. This got me worried because was he genuine??? I then raised a call to VM asking them if they had a record of someone ringing me but that was at 8.30 Saturday morning and I still not had a reply from them, I feel I need my passwords changed just in case but no joy , The call was raised at 8.30 on 29th and only just heard from them at 11.37 today asking if I still required help but still not had anyone come back to me 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there @FranNewb

Thanks for popping back - I have located your account from your Forum information and I can confirm that our back office team did indeed call you; it would have been them asking for this information. A special IT was raised for the specific code you are getting; this is different from the usual IT issues that are raised.

I am sorry that you have not had any further contact from us; I have checked the ticket that they raised and this has returned as resolved but your password will need to be changed if not already done so. 

Have you tried to access your emails since your post?

Please do let us know how you  get on. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
FranNewb
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, my emails are now working, I am so happy it has been a traumatic experience

0 Kudos