cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No emails

rathmcil
Joining in

Hi been getting message 'please retry in one hour' no emails coming through, had same problem last week , managed to change password and they returned. Can't keep changing password, can a forum VM person contact me please

7 REPLIES 7

tpm
Just joined
Me too. Happened yesterday for 3 hours then again this evening. Please advise VM.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

it's not even showing on the service status board, which is a waste of space anyway

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi all, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear you've been unable to access your mail. 

I appreciate that some of you may have already tried a password reset however there was an issue which was resolved yesterday. 

Can you all please try changing the password once again to something new that has never been used on the account before? Once you have done this, wait an hour before signing in. 

If you re still having an issue once you've done this, pop back to us here and we can escalate things further for you. 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

be nice if VM put something on the service status board though, it would save them ( & us who send them a lot of money each month ) a lot of wasted time - for both parties )  hanging on the phone.

A simple msg on the board would negate the need for a lot of these calls. I myself made two phone calls, one of which at least turned out to be unnecessary.

Hi muffmasterh

Thanks for coming back to us. We did put a thread on the forum;

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

Is your email issue all sorted?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

yes i saw that, but it does not address the fact that as far as VM service status was concerned all was & is hunky dory.

In desperation many of us had to come on here for some info

It's not right.

Hi muffmasterh, 

Thanks for coming back to us with your feedback. 

We will certainly refer this over to the relevant teams for them to look at including in future service status updates. 

Hopefully by now you have regained your access to your mails. If not, let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs