cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No emails for three weeks

cordelia71
Joining in

Three weeks ago, my virginmedia email stopped working on both Outlook and Webmail. I have spent hours on the phone with people resetting my password, asking me to do it with the app generated new password, for them finally to admit that there have been server problems and, in addition, my account had been locked. At the end of last week, I called, again, to be told that the server issue was resolved and that they had unlocked my account (having raised various tickets). However, my email still doesn't work (failure to validate credentials). Another ticket was raised and someone called yesterday and when I was unable to answer the call (I was at my sister's wedding!) they have closed the ticket. My account still doesn't work. I have called again today and the lady has raised yet another ticket. I am losing the will to live and am waiting on time critical emails regarding flights this week. Does anyone know what is going on or how I actually speak to a second line support person? 

4 REPLIES 4

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey cordelia71,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account at the moment. Have the team advised, what the actual issue is and how long it will take to be resolved?

If another ticket has been raised for the issues, it could take up to 5 working days for the issues to be resolved. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for the reply. No, they haven't advised what the issue is. Initially it related to server issues, then my account being locked due to that. I believe that has all been resolved. So I am at a loss as to what the problem now is as all passwords have been reset (again). Might you have any guesses please?

It is frustrating that yet another ticket has been raised which takes 5 days. I have had several raised in the last 3 weeks and don't have 5 more days before I am due to go on holiday and need my email access. They should not have been able to close a ticket without fixing the problem. They closed it because I did not answer their call. So, for 5 mins of them trying to call me (once on my landline and once on my mobile, close together), they closed the ticket. The 10 hours + that I have been on the phone to them doesn't seem to matter! Anyway, rant over!

Much appreciated.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @cordelia71,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry this is still ongoing for you and has not been rectified, if the team have managed to raise this new IT Ticket they will in touch with you within the 5 working days to resolve this. 

Do let us know how this goes.

Joe

Thanks for your reply. I very much appreciate it.

I will wait for them to get back to me but, unfortunately, I won't be in the country if they phone in 5 days and so will end up stuck in a loop of them closing the ticket and still no emails. 😞