Menu
Mumof8
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No emails for over two weeks now

I do hope someone can help me. For over two weeks I've been unable to log onto my email account and spent hours on the phone trying to sort this out with technicians in India - who've been unable to solve the problem.

Two weeks ago I had trouble logging on, 'my mailbox was not available, please try again in an hour.' Then I received a letter from VM advising me to change my password as it appeared my email had been used to send spam messages. I changed my password as suggested but still couldn't access emails. A week later another letter from VM advised me that they'd noted 'suspicious activity' on my account and as a result temporarily locked the mailbox.

Everytime I try logging on the word 'Forbidden' appears and I can't do anything. I've had to reset my password yet again when talking to the helpful Indian technicians, but still nothing allows me access and all they can say is there's a 'fault'.

My husband's email on the same account is working fine and unaffected, and VM's internet connection, TV and phone are all fine. I work on a Mac and have tried accessing my account via Firefox, Safari and Chrome - all to no avail.

I really don't know what I can do next to access my emails - any help greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No emails for over two weeks now

Hi Mumof8

Thanks for posting and apologies for the email issues. I will send you a PM as this maybe something we're able to unlock from our side.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Mumof8
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Now my husband's email isn't working either.

I've been without email access nearly 3 weeks with no solution yet, despite many phone calls as well as taking advice on this community forum, clearing caches and cookies, etc. Apparently my problem has gone to VM's IT department - and I can expect a response in 3 to 5 days time!!!!

There was a slight **bleep** of hope when some emails actually popped into my Apple Mail inbox this morning, but the joy didn't continue as my outgoing mail server wasn't working. Nor could I access emails on VM webmail, as get 'Forbidden' message everytime.  I'm also utterly confused as to what password I should use now - every call I've made has asked me to change to a different one and none have worked or given me access.

Now, my husband's email access, which was working fine earlier today, is also down.  He uses Apple Mail, which this evening has started asking for his password and won't accept the one he's always used. He can't log onto his VM's account either, as it won't accept his password or allow him to change it, stating his security answers are incorrect, when they are definitely correct.

I'm at a complete loss to know what to do next and feel quite desperate! We've been with VM for many years and expected this problem to be sorted long before now. Oh, and there's no reduction on our bill for not having our email service.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Now my husband's email isn't working either.

Hi Mumof8, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that you are having issue with the emails and that it has gone as far as the IT team. It does look like in order to get this resolved our IT team need to look in to this, can you confirm if you have been provided with a reference number at all? When was the IT ticket raised? Chris 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No emails for over two weeks now

Hi @Mumof8,

Thanks for your message. I have checked in with the team who's dealing with the IT ticket and they are still working on it. They'll update you directly when anything is known. I am sorry for the lack of an update today

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Mumof8
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Forbidden acess to VM email

Has anyone else had this problem logging onto VM email resolved?

I'm still waiting for help from the IT team and have now had this problem for over 3 weeks. A VM Forum member couldn't solve the problem so referred me to the IT team with a case number. Over a week later they haven't contacted me and I'm seriously inconvenienced.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to see how these issues were resolved for other customers as understandably, after their initial posts, private messages were used.

I'm seriously thinking of leaving VM - after over 20 years of being a loyal customer with TV and phone as well as broadband, but can't go on like this.

0 Kudos
Mumof8
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris

Thanks for your message. John from the VM Forum sent this message to me over two weeks ago - I haven't heard back from IT since! Please sort out for me.

Thanks for confirming. I've now raised it with IT for you under reference P010066892. Their timescales are 3-5 days and I'll come back to you via PM when I know more. Kind regards ...

Best wishes

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mumof8,

There sadly isn't an update other than the IT team are still working on it. I am very sorry it's taking longer than normal though we are doing all we can to sort this out asap

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos