Menu
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 71 of 99
Flag for a moderator

Re: No emails access for nearly 2 days now...

May I refer you back to the excellent post by Misspasko in this very thread.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/No-emails-access-for-nearly-2-days-now/m-p/4010170/highli...

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Blackthorn1
Dialled in
Message 72 of 99
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, and yet people are posting that they've done all that and It's changed nothing?

Anyhoo, I've spent far too long on this matter as It is and It makes my heart race and my BP to rise and considering I've got heart failure thats not what I should be engaging in.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 73 of 99
Flag for a moderator

@Blackthorn1 wrote:

Thanks, and yet people are posting that they've done all that and It's changed nothing?

Anyhoo, I've spent far too long on this matter as It is and It makes my heart race and my BP to rise and considering I've got heart failure thats not what I should be engaging in.

And it's giving me a headache from banging my head against a brick wall. S)

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Blackthorn1
Dialled in
Message 74 of 99
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, but doing that isn't going to kill you as quickly as all this agro is in danger of killing me hon. 🙂
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 75 of 99
Flag for a moderator

One last time

Follow advice as been given by MissPasko

then Open MacMail - when password prompt appears - put in new password.

Let us know if it works for you.  If it doesn't the Forum Team can look at escalating your case to IT - but they're not going to be able to do this unless you've tried.

Tim

Use Kudos to say thanks

Blackthorn1
Dialled in
Message 76 of 99
Flag for a moderator

Not doing It quite yet as when I ring in I'm still getting that "sorry you're still getting problems with broadband in your area, etc, etc" and I'm hoping thats part of the problem. As I said I dread changing preferences as in the past It's been righted at their end, and not mine.
0 Kudos
Blackthorn1
Dialled in
Message 77 of 99
Flag for a moderator

Right then, had another needlessly frustrating phone call to a rep in India who kept insisting my email account didn't exist, and so changing anything would be pointless (and who put the phone down on me half way through the conversation!) I took a chance and I rang back yet again and got a UK based rep who had a sense of humour and understood what I was trying to tell him! Huzzah!

He said that what the other women had said about my email account not existing was nonsense. I told him about the advice given to me on this forum and he first dismissed it, but after going off and talking to someone came back and did just that. LOL and so he remotely changed my password (which I've got to remember to alter again) and now It's working fine! Lets hope this lasts!

Was not happy when I found out that somebody in VM had taken It upon themselves to sign off my case regarding both my lack of emails and loss of broad band though even though neither had been working at that point. Great, so had put in yet another complaint about that one. lol

But thanks for the advice on here and from that UK VM phone rep who put things right and agreed the whole thing had been very poorly handled.

0 Kudos
Blackthorn1
Dialled in
Message 78 of 99
Flag for a moderator

Any reason why my last reply to this thread was removed?
0 Kudos
Message 79 of 99
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Blackthorn1,

I've had a look and can't see anything that has been deleted. The last comment you left before this one was on this thread.

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 80 of 99
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Michael_JK 

Something is going on here. The OP posted that his issue had been resolved by a password change done at VM's end - he phoned help desk support yet again. 

That post has gone missing. I searched too and could not find it.

Use Kudos to say thanks