cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email

R7Bale7
Tuning in

No email today. I'm working from home so need it. Today. Spent 90 minutes on the phone to their "customer support". They asked me to change my password (7 times). Still nothing. They "apologised" profusely, and said it's affecting lots of people and they're working on it. Suggested I try in 24 hours. When I asked what to do if it still wasn't working they said ring us again... Ha! Total shambles. I presume I'm not allowed to swear on this board, but guess what I'm thinking. Get your ******* act together, VM.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello R7Bale7

Sorry to hear of the email issues and problems getting support with this. We appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Can you confirm if you are able to access the email account at all? Even via webmail? If so, can you follow these steps for us please (we appreciate you have been asked to reset the password multiple times already)

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
  • Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Let us know if this helps at all.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello R7Bale7

Sorry to hear of the email issues and problems getting support with this. We appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Can you confirm if you are able to access the email account at all? Even via webmail? If so, can you follow these steps for us please (we appreciate you have been asked to reset the password multiple times already)

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
  • Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Let us know if this helps at all.

Rob

Done that. Still no email.

I said it didn't work, but after a few minutes it did! Thanks! Why on earth couldn't "customer service" try that? Not for the first time have "customer service" failed: seems no point in ever contacting them.

Apologies for the experience R7Bale7, happy to help get this resolved for you.

If you need support in the future, don't hesitate to get in touch here.

Rob

Small point: now every time I open Outlook email it asks for my new password. Previously it just logged in. Is there I way I can avoid having to enter my password every time?

Doe it give the 'remember me' option during the sign in?

Rob

Is "Save this password in your password list" the same as "remember me"?

Yeah, if it pops up in the top right on desktop.

Rob

Magic. Thanks for all your help.