Menu
scbu1
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No email

I have had no email access since 11/02, no reason for this. I just get a message saying mailbox not available at this time try in an hour!

I have been unable to speak to anyone as they ask for a 3 letters of a password which I have never had/setup with them. It does not redirect you to a 'person' with whom to speak, just repeating the automated message asking for password.

Any ideas how I can solve this ?

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: No email

Read this recent thread which explains the issue and wait here for the VM Forum Team to pick up on your post and take this forward with you. Usual delay is about 24 hours:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Re-Webmail-not-working-quot-Your-mailbox-is-not-available...

And if you have a VM account you must have had a "password" set up when you joined. It was probably described as telephone password or memorable word. Still even if you had got through it us unlikely that the staff on the phones would have appreciated just what the issue was. It is why people inevitably end up here because the community of users knows.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
scbu1
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Still no joy with email, (since 11th Feb)wondered if anyone able to advise how I get to speak with someone as I cannot recollect ever setting up a password so cannot get passed the automated message requesting 3 letters to a password. 

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi schu1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a very warm welcome, I am sorry you are having problems getting into your emails.

How long have this been happening, have you tried to change the password via forgotten password link?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
scbu1
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi ,

No emails access since 11th Feb,, have changed password on Emailaccount with no success. I can access virgin media, so very odd.

Really need to speak with someone. Not an automated message that goes round in a loop requesting 3 letters of a password I have no recollection of.

thanks Jan

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming that Jan.

Do you get any error codes at all? 

Can you try clearing the cache/cookies on the affected browser and then try again?

Thank you,

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Melissa_F  The error message is in the opening post, and usually indicates the account has been locked for some reason.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Graham_A.

I was just checking whether this was related to the recent issues some customers have had where they couldn't access webmail and were getting the error 606 message. 

I'll take a closer look.

Thanks

Melissa 

scbu1
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon,

Can I please ask if someone from virgin will be able to resolve this, I find it unbelievable that I cannot speak to someone and get it sorted.

Thanks

Jan

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@scbu1 wrote:

Good afternoon,

Can I please ask if someone from virgin will be able to resolve this, I find it unbelievable that I cannot speak to someone and get it sorted.

Thanks

Jan

@Melissa_F  has stated in message 8 that she will look into this for you.  I'm sure she will report back here with her findings in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos