cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email since yesterday afternoon

AgentSam
Joining in

Yesterday afternoon, email app on my mac stopped working, kept asking me to put in my password. Did that, nothing doing. Then tried logging in via Virgin Mail; first, I get a message that says "your mailbox is not available" and asks me to reset my password; when I click on that, I get a message that says, "we're doing some work on our site, we'll be back soon". But this is still happening, this morning. I am freelance, my income depends on my email. Can you URGENTLY let me know what's happening and how I can restore my email? thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AgentSam 

I tried that link before posting and again just now and it works for me, so there does not seem to be an general issue with the site.

Two things you could try:

1. Try using that link in a Private or incognito window in your browser - that means it will open the site without using any cookies already stored in the browser. Here's how to do that in a variety of browsers https://www.trustedreviews.com/how-to/turn-on-private-browsing It could be a corrupt cookie on your browser so if it works in incognito mode you should delete the VM cookies in your browser and it will work ok in a normal browser window.
  2. If you are a VM broadband customer call VM's local Status line from your VM landline om08005610061 - it's all automated and choose option 1 (Broadband) to hear if there are any local issues in your area.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AgentSam wrote:

how I can restore my email?

You could try changing the password by signing in from this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  using the affected email address and existing password. That will take you to the relevant "My Virgin Media" account for that email address.

Then navigate to the "Account details" page by clicking on the "Update settings" tab and then "Account details". Scroll down that page and you will see a line to edit the password.

That should work whether the email address is your primary account or a secondary account.

if that still does not allow you to access the email account then post back here and, provided you are a VM broadband customer, one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) should be able to arrange to get the email account unlocked for you.

Coenoby

Edited to add:

In my opinion,  VM email is about the last email service you should be using if you rely on an email account to make you living. Moving to any one of the many the dedicated email services available should be high on your list of things to do. https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-email-accounts 

VM email is ok as a basic email account for light personal use but that's about it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Hi

Followed that link and all I got was :All I got was this...All I got was this...

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AgentSam 

I tried that link before posting and again just now and it works for me, so there does not seem to be an general issue with the site.

Two things you could try:

1. Try using that link in a Private or incognito window in your browser - that means it will open the site without using any cookies already stored in the browser. Here's how to do that in a variety of browsers https://www.trustedreviews.com/how-to/turn-on-private-browsing It could be a corrupt cookie on your browser so if it works in incognito mode you should delete the VM cookies in your browser and it will work ok in a normal browser window.
  2. If you are a VM broadband customer call VM's local Status line from your VM landline om08005610061 - it's all automated and choose option 1 (Broadband) to hear if there are any local issues in your area.

Coenoby

Thanks. am a Broadband customer. Am on the phone to them now - well, hanging on, 9 mins so far...

Hi @AgentSam

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear you weren't able to access you emails yesterday. I can see that you have been in contact with us yesterday. Was the agent able to resolve this issue for you? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley