cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email access

colint62
Joining in

So I hear that the lost email issue has been resolved and all email from before 19th June restored.....Well last Monday (3rd July) I lost access to my email completely - no webmail or app access.

I can login to the SMTP server using cURL and generated password IMAP returns login denied.

I have followed instructions to reset passwords etc at least half a dozen time, been promised on chat that it will be resolved in 25 hours (twice), raised 2 complaints and sent an email to excutiveteam@virginmedia.co.uk.  Nothing has changed and I still cannot get to my email.

2 REPLIES 2

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @colint62 

Thanks for posting on our community frum and sorry to hear about the issue with your email

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

colint62
Joining in

So, 1 month on from the email outage, after numerous phone calls, chats and private messages in the community forum, I now get the response "This is a known issue which is affecting multiple customers and we hope to have this resolved as soon as we possibly can. Our support teams are working flat out to have this sorted".

I have been working in IT for over 30 years and I have never known an outage to last this long and to get so little feedback on what went wrong, what is being done to resolve and an estimated time for resolution.

Disgraceful customer service.