Menu
How6691
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No email access

I've had no access to my inbox since March, neither directly or via a POP client and I get the same message as I did on day 1 ('Your inbox is not working at the moment, etc). I changed my password to no effect, which otherwise works for 'My Virgin Media'. After a couple of weeks I changed my email address to a non-VM one but I still want to check for important emails that may have been sent there. I haven't bothered with the call centre as they don't seem to have been any good with this problem judging by previous posts I've read. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No email access

Are you a current Virgin Media broadband customer?

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@How6691 wrote:

I've had no access to my inbox since March, neither directly or via a POP client and I get the same message as I did on day 1 ('Your inbox is not working at the moment, etc).

Does the error message say:

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.     Please retry again in one hour.................................."? if so it has been locked, probably for security reasons.

I changed my password to no effect, which otherwise works for 'My Virgin Media'.

Sometimes changing the password yourself does cure the problem but in most cases it needs VM to reset the account.

Your mention of 'My Virgin Media' suggests you are still a Virgin Media broadband customer. If that is the  case the Forum Team (VM employees) can get the email account unlocked for you.

Unfortunately, if you are no longer a VM Broadband customer there is not a lot that can be done since the Forum Team are unable to reset email accounts that are not linked to a current Broadband Account.

One of the Team will be along and will contact you via this forum. That may take a few hours or a day or so depending on their workload.

In the meantime do not post the email address here, the VM Forum Team will get the necessary details from you securely using the forum's Private Message facility.

Coenoby

Edited to add

Sorry Sololobo, you just beat me to it 😞

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
How6691
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi coenoby,

Many thanks for your reply. Sorry yes, I am a VM customer and the message you quote in green is the one I get.

0 Kudos
How6691
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi Sololobo,

Yes I am.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@How6691 wrote:

I am a VM customer and the message you quote in green is the one I get.

Thanks for confirming that. It will help the Forum Team when they catch up with this thread. There is also the fact that you have already reset the password yourself and are still unable to access the account.

As I said earlier, they should be able to get your account unlocked.

Just keep an eye out for a message from one of the team. 😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, somebody will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi How6691

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear of the email issue. I'll send you a PM now and hopefully resolve it for you

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos