Menu
Carol73
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No access to historical e mail

After Microsoft updated the outlook on my Imac, the outlook works but all my old emails/email folders cannot be seen.

Tried Virgin support and after hours of hanging on, they couldn't help and then cut me off. My feeling is that the emails are there and it is an access issue, but any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No access to historical e mail

Sign into webmail and if same issue is occurring there go to ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email, scroll to bottom of page and select Change IMAP subscriptions and make sure all folders are selected. If the changes are not reflected in webmail's folder view press Ctrl + Shift + R.

Alternatively check IMAP subscription from within Outlook.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Carol73
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your advices.   I have tried on a couple of occasions today to get onto webmail but message says unavailable, try again in one hour.   Do't know if this is a current issue with Virgin

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It would be helpful to see what, if any, VM error code is returned by the SMTP server in this situation. Open a Terminal window and enter the following command where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, i.e. richard.branson@virginmedia.com:Y54kpX5g:

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password 2>&1 | (where findstr && (findstr  "235 VM") || (grep "235\|VM")) 

Post the redacted results here.

0 Kudos