Menu
jayne10b
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No access to email account

Please help me gain access.  Been on the phone for over an hour and noone is able to help.  Disgusting level of service.  Maybe you can do better on here.

0 Kudos
jayne10b
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No access to email account

This is the error message.

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

0 Kudos
DaveBurn
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If I understand correctly, VM email uses a Google backend, and Google are having a worldwide issue today causing several outages of services.

Although most of mine appear to be OK, I believe this is why I'm having issues with my emails today.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@DaveBurn wrote:

If I understand correctly, VM email uses a Google backend, and Google are having a worldwide issue today causing several outages of services.

Although most of mine appear to be OK, I believe this is why I'm having issues with my emails today.

I'm afraid you are several years behind.  VM had to move to an in-house platform when Google closed their Google Apps platform for third parties.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Jayne10b and welcome to our community.

Have you already tried to reset the password? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
jayne10b
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

cannot access email

I hate virgin media - they are useless and I have spent ages trying to access my email. Maybe someone on here can help.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: cannot access email

@jayne10b  If you could reply to the question above asked by the staff member she will then be able to help you further with your issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jayne10b
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I have tried resetting the password.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming that for us, I'll pop you over a private message to pass security and check on things our side. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos