cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to Secondary email account

LL62
Joining in

I cannot access my secondary email (Virgin Media), all I get is this message 

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.

Nothing I do works

16 REPLIES 16

LL62
Joining in

I also have the same problem, but with no one getting it resolved is it worth contacting VM they don't seem to be able to fix it,

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi LL62, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. 

We apologise for the issues you are facing with the email account.

Can you please try the following for us?

Sign in to My Virgin Media
Go to Account settings, then Account details
Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Thanks, 

Nat

Wibbers1
Joining in

Same problem for several weeks. I've tried changing the password as suggested several times but cannot gain access to my secondary email account.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Wibbers1, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your email account. 

Are you having the problem when accessing your email via a browser or app please? 

Thanks, 

Nat

MrsSp
Joining in

I can't believe this is still not fixed weeks later and it is via browser on PC not on phone or ipad they still work thankfully or would be in allsorts of problems need to retrieve historic emails for legal matter.

Hi @MrsSp

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you seem to be having some email access issues. Would you mind expanding on the problem you're experiencing at the moment?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi it is the same problem that has been reported by others since the maintenance was carried out if I log in to my virginmedia on a webbrowser on my pc and access my emails, the primary account is fine the secondary account has a ! error triangle with message 'The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider' ?

The accounts that were set up on my iphone and ipad have normal access to both primary and secondary accounts?

I didn't wan't to chance messing with passwords right now as can't remember the secondary account password and can't afford to lose access to historical emails right now as I need them for a legal matter, just in case this caused an issue accessing emails from the secondary account on my phone and ipad as this would be a real problem.  However it is still a problem as it is easier and faster to type emails on my keybord on my pc but at least I still have some access to that account but still not satisfactory and would have thought after so so many messages reporting the same issue over the last few weeks that there may have been a resolution by now?

Hi @MrsSp,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. To confirm, you have no issues accessing a primary email account on webmail or a third party mail app, but the secondary email account can only be accessed via a mail app but not webmail?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you for your response and yes that is correct and I can see that many many others have had the same issue so it should not be anything new for virgin media to be aware of right now?