Menu
gui1e
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No access to Email

I was last able to use my Email 2 weeks ago and have made a number of calls to get this rectified. I'm still waiting for the technical team to get back to me and resolve my issue. On any network or computer it just says it's not accessible and please try again in a hour. I've changed my passwords and scanned my devices and they are clean. Ticket P010497636.

Been a customer for 20years and I'm now considering to switch to a different provider.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: No access to Email

You'll need to wait here for the VM Forum to pick up this thread and look at the status of this fault ticket.

Why would you dump VM for a fault on its email system when you could sensibly switch to one of the free alternatives out there like GMail or Outlook.com which are more secure, better at stopping spam and offer greater reliability? That way you get good email and excellent broadband.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

gui1e
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

I've had this account for nearly 20 years and use that to verify other types of accounts. Not having access has made it more difficult just to get on with life.

cost of package/reliability has made me think more about cost/benefit. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Moving to another ISP is a guaranteed way to lose your email. So not really an answer to needing the email 🙂
0 Kudos
gui1e
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sick of this; No Email for over two weeks and LIED too twice.

I'm the same and they told me that the technical department will call within 8 days and never did.

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi @gui1e,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear that you are also having issues with accessing your email account and that you have not yet head any contact from the technical team.

I can see you spoke with our team on 10/04 and they have sent a chaser for you for the team to follow up. 

Do let me know if you still do not hear from the team and we will escalate things here for you if needed.  

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gui1e
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

sorry, I haven't received any calls or messages.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us @gui1e 

Are you able to let us know what error message you are getting when trying to log in? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
gui1e
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

our mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming that for me. 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos