Menu
markyzs180
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

No access to Blueyonder email - over 7 days now!

I have been unable to access my Blueyonder email now for over 7 days! I just get directed to the'Your mailbox is unavailable' page.

I have spoken to Tech who have told me it would take 48 hours and promised to call back. They haven't. So frustrating! I am in the process of trying to change the email address on everything that I use the blueyonder address for (literally everything!) but some require a confirmation email sent to the old address which I obvioulsy can't access!

I've been a loyal customer for many years and have just started a new 12 month contract.... its getting cancelled...

Can a mod contact me via pm please.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: No access to Blueyonder email - over 7 days now!

This is a very common problem. We see it all the time. I have no idea why your phone calls proved so fruitless. I hope a combination of help from us as VM users and the VM staff on this Forum will get it sorted.

I have to ask you. Is the e-mail address you with which you are having problems listed in My Virginmedia when you log in there? On the assumption that it is the most likely reason for your inability to access is because VM security have locked the account because your password has been disclosed to a third party and the credentials are being used to send spam. 

Before the mail box can be unlocked you must change the password in My Virginmedia.

The VM Forum staff will certainly pick up this thread tomorrow and can get your mail box unlocked provided you have managed to change the password.

Come back here to confirm you have done so and to confirm that the address is showing in My Virginmedia.

That is all we can do for today unless the staff pick this up sooner.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

markyzs180
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply HowardML, appreciate it.

I don't think its a straightforward lockout issue. I have two blueyonder addresses but after an issue a couple of years ago all mail is routed to the secondary email address.

I have just managed to speak to them again and they are saying they are still working on it! Over 7 days isn't good enough really...

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I can't be expected to advise when I don't have the whole story. Based on what you said I advised about a security lockout. Now you say it's something more complex behind the scenes, without any explanation or description of what that might be, so I don't know what to think or say. I'll just leave it there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
markyzs180
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for helping HowardML... especially on a Sunday morning!
I'm amazed that the forum isn't awash with threads about this issue as tech have admitted that it is affecting thousands of customers...

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hello Markyzs180,

Thanks for using the forums to get this email issue sorted, I am sorry its been frustrating you! I'm going to see if I can get it resolved for you 🙂

Just so I know I've got all my ducks in a row, you're trying to change your email address on other websites but some of them require you to verify your email, which gets sent to this one that you cannot access - is that right?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
markyzs180
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan, thanks for the reply.

The issue is I cannot access my Blueyonder email accounts. I am a a current long term customer and both accounts  were working fine until a week ago. There is a ticket raised with IT but this has now taken over 8 days and still no sign of a resolution.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark, 

thanks for coming back to me about this, I've tried to search your services for this ticket but can't find any notes about it. This doesn't inherently mean it hasn't been raised though, it could just be the agent didn't note it up for future views. 

I'm going to send you a PM now so we can chat about account specifics and find this IT ticket 🙂

Speak soon!

Megan_L

markyzs180
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan_L

Responded to your PM s hopefully speak withyou tomorrow...

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark, 

thanks for giving me that info in our PM, I was able to find your account and the IT ticket that was raised 🙂

The IT team are still working on this, there might be a back log at the moment due to COVID19, plus we did have some other issues last week with emails so that may be the reasons why they're not as quick as usual. The IT ticket itself has got all the info the team needs, so once they get round to it they should be able to work their magic pretty easily!

Sorry for the delay though, Mark. I know this is probably frustrating, I have added a little side note to say you're still waiting and want it looking at urgently please. 

Hope that's okay for now.

Thanks,

Megan_L