Menu
PrincessMatilda
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No Unified Email for 3 days

Are there any solutions for  making Unified Mail work again.  This has not been working for me for 3 days now.  Have deleted cookies, cache etc. Restarted machine.  A have several email addresses and have to log in to each one separately.  Frustrating if one is running a small business.

Any help with Unified Email would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
PrincessMatilda
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Unified Email for 3 days **AND BY MAGIC AFTER 5 DAYS - UNIFIED MAIL WORKING AGAIN***

...and just like that, by magic, my Unified Email works again on Virgin Media Webmail. Unbelievable.

0 Kudos
WelshGasman
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Unified Email for 3 days **AND BY MAGIC AFTER 5 DAYS - UNIFIED MAIL WORKING AGAIN***

Be thankful you were not using the recent: prefix on you username for email clients.:-(

That has tripped up a lot of people on here by the looks of it. even the techs are not aware of it or thought the sudden stop of email working might be the cause.?

Took me a while by trial and error to get to the bottom of it.

Now confirmed as an issue in various threads here.?

0 Kudos
PrincessMatilda
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Unified Email for 3 days - AND NOW NO EMAIL BEFORE

...I really should have left it a week before commenting that Unified Email was working again.  As a matter of fact email entirely is not working at all now.  No Email.  Can you believe it.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@PrincessMatilda wrote:

email entirely is not working at all now.  No Email.

A bit more information might result in you receiving some useful advice to help your resolve the issue. 😉

If you cannot get in to the Webmail account, what error message  are you seeing? Perhaps the dreaded 'Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please retry again in one hour...' ?

On the other hand, "No email" could be interpreted as meaning that all your emails have disappeared. A few people have posted on here recently reporting that is what has happened to them.

Just for information, when I tried to sign in to my VM email account earlier this morning I was met with the "We're doing some essential work on our systems." holding page but when I tried again using this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/    I got in straight away.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @PrincessMatilda

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear this has been happening with your email! 

Can I ask what exactly is happening when you try to log into your email? Is there an error message at all? Also does this happen on only one email account or all of them?

Thank you.

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

PrincessMatilda
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Unified Email for 3 days - NORMAL AGAIN

I use Unified Mail as I have a number of email addresses for my small business.  I have noticed over the years that all of a sudden, with no Status Change on the Virgin Media website, Unified Mail just stops working and I have to log in to each email account on Webmail separately.  This always comes with the verification Captcha.  OK the smallest violin in the world is playing for me, but I would a least like to have some warning when this 'maintenance' issue is going to occur and for how long.  Most of last week I was without Unified Mail.  Not only on one device, but other laptops and iPads.  Then like magic it started working again.  Followed shortly by the other problem of email being down completely on Sunday morning due to Virgin Media's maintenance issues - with the "We're doing some essential work on our systems" message.  (the link for ntlworld accounts did not work). When email resumed, then Unified Mail went down for about 3 hours. 

I can report all is working this morning.

Thanks for your interest in this issue.  I guess not a lot of people use Unified Mail?  I have used other email management software, but now prefer to use Virgin Media's Webmail due to only wanting to have only one layer of complexity/horridness to deal with.

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you so much for getting back to me and I am so sorry to hear this has been recurring. It sounds very frustrating and inconvenient! 

I am very glad to hear this is working again and it does sound as though this was just down due to maintenance that needed to be completed. Should this happen again, please do come back to us on the forums and we will happily take another look into what is happening. 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@PrincessMatilda wrote:

I guess not a lot of people use Unified Mail? 

I'd say it's more people than you think but for most it just works without issues so they have no need to report it. I'm glad that it's currently working for you again.

For some reason you seem reluctant to say exactly what you are seeing when in your words "Unified Mail just stops working". I'll repeat what I said earlier, a bit more detail, especially any error messages that pop up might well result in you getting some advice and suggestions as to how to keep it working in future.

It would also be useful to know if the email accounts you are managing via Unified Mail are other VM addresses or whether they are external accounts such as Gmail or Outlook.com accounts. But please do not post the full email addresses here.

The reason  I ask is that it takes two to tango. If there is a problem with an email account you are managing via Unified Mail, then Unified Mail will not be able to download those emails but that does not mean Unified Mail has stopped working.

Re the"maintenance issue" yesterday, I'm not convinced there actually  was any maintenance going on. As I said yesterday, for me merely trying a different link to the bookmark I usually use got me in straight away.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos