Menu
NickRF
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Email being received on Android App

Hi,

Emails are taking a long time to come through to my Android phone Email app (imap.virginmedia.com). For example not received any since yesterday. On forcing synch, get no error message. 

Checked phone, settings, and all usual obvious things. 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Email being received on Android App

Have you checked your VM webmail account to see if there are new messages in their?  If there are and they are not syncing with your phone that may be down to an issue with your app on the phone.

If there are no new messages in the webmail account then you should check under settings for any auto forward rules or filters that may have been set up to divert your incoming mail.  Check out all the advice here: virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

NickRF
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks . Managed to get through to VM phone support. They couldnt help, all he wanted was my full email password, I refused, so they put me through to gadget support, who advised there was currently a known issue with non VM-website email access which was being looked into. 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@NickRF wrote:

Thanks . Managed to get through to VM phone support. They couldnt help, all he wanted was my full email password, I refused, so they put me through to gadget support, who advised there was currently a known issue with non VM-website email access which was being looked into. 

You have been wrongly advised by the gadget support team, there is no evidence of such a known issue.  Have you checked in VM webmail as i advised previously?  https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  If is important that you do this quickly - if you account has been compromised you should deal with it asap.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

NickRF
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks, yes, I checked web based email and looks ok.

I have had problem on phone since yesterday where had no email through. But also maybe ladt week or so where no email received for long periods during the day. 

Cant see anything wrong with phone, connection (tried network and wifi), settings. Other messaging apps etc working fine. 

Just simply returns nothing on synch. 

Gadget support told me it was something effecting "old" email accounts like ntlworld. I was to wait and should be resolved shortly. 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @NickRF

This is not an issue we are aware of at all - did they provide you with a reference number for the issue that we could check for you? 

We are currently aware of 2 different email issues - you can read more about them on our post here 

It sounds like you are just having issues with your Android app; is that correct? Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app at all? 

You advised you have checked your web based email and it looks OK - do you mean that you have received emails in your inbox via your webmail but still not seeing them on your App? If that is the case then I am inclined to agree with @Graham_A and it appears to be an issue with your app on your handset rather than with the email itself. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide