cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Email access (Hacked?)

mark128
Joining in

Hi

cannot access Email from either web or phone. followed all instructions and still cant access it. 

this is absolutley daft. i have changed passwords and still cant log in on the website.

has anyone else experianced this or has any fixes?

cheers.

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello mark128

We're sorry to hear of access issues relating to your email account, we appreciate the concern this can cause and you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

Do you have access to your online account still? If so, follow these steps to help resolve the issue:

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
  • Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

If you have already tried these, can you confirm if you get any error messages at all either resetting or trying to access the email account? 

Rob

Hi 

thanks for the reply.

i can still log into my account online. i have reset the app passwords many, many times , changed my main password and followed all the instructions. 

i still cannot access email from either the web or app. it just says locked, and then to follow the instructions which i have and it stays the same

the error message i recieve form the app is failure to connect due to pop3 or imap i think. i have followed the virgin instructons for both of those and its still the same.

cheers 

Happy to help with this mark128 and I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob