Menu
Gorlick
Settling in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No Email Access

Hi, all. I'm relatively new to this community and I am speaking on the behalf of a family member. As of 2003 they have been unable to access their Virgin Media Mail address, being told to check back in an hour, and coming back to find that nothing has changed. I'm not sure why this is but it recently came back to light due to being hacked and having to deal with Virgin Media Customer Service once again.

They would like to be able to access their email address.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Email Access

You should probably revise your opening post as Virgin Media email addresses were not available in 2003.

Some of the legacy domains date back that long and should still work if linked to a current VM broadband account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gorlick
Settling in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's right, when they joined the email address was marked under the ntlworld domain.

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Gorlick 

Do you mean 2003 - as in the year?
                      20/03
or                   20:03

How are they trying to access their mail?
What error messages are they seeing?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gorlick,

Welcome to the Community Help Forums - I love your Frieza profile photo!

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding your family members issue with accessing their email address, just to confirm this is an ntlworld email address your family member has been unable to access since the year 2003?

What is happening when they try to access their email - is the password invalid? Is there an error message displayed on the screen? What browser / webclient are they using to access their emails?

Once we have a few more details I can look into the issue further for you Gorlick 🙂

Thanks

Serena

0 Kudos