cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Access to VM Mail - VM Account Locked

dhjohnston
Joining in

Good afternoon, My VM Mail stopped working overnight Sunday to Monday, 15/16 Oct. On checking my VM account the instruction was to update my account log on email to something other than my VM email address to allow for 2 factor authentication with Virgin Mail in future. I did that and received an email to my alternate Gmail account to authenticate it. On selecting the authentication link it took me back to the log on screen asking for email and password. On using the new Gmail email address and my current password, I received 'a password not recognised' message. I tried to use the 'forgotten password' function but no matter what password I have now tried on numerous occasions the system will not accept it. I can still access my VM account with my original details and I have tried to repeat the email change process but the system refers to the authentication email sent to my Gmail account. On trying to use the authentication link again, I receive a message 'verification email timed out, request another'. I cannot find any way of requesting another......Have tried everything in the Help pages but seem to be going round in circles.

Please help me to resolve this issue, it is extremely distressing as you can imagine being now cut off from the world! I have been with Virgin Media forever and have a lot of information stored on Virgin Media mail, not to mention the important communications I have missed since Monday. Many Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

F1nut4
On our wavelength

I have the same issue. THIS IS NOTHE FIRST TIME THAT VM HAVE BLOCKED/LOCKED MY ACCOUNT. As you say we need urgent access to our emails. Hopefully a moderator picks up his tread and ensure both of our email accounts are unlocked immediately! 

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dhjohnston,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having some trouble accessing your My Virgin Media online account following a change of the login email to a third party address.

To clarify, are you saying that you've reset the password but it's still not accepting the new password set? Have you checked to ensure that the email login has changed using the 'Forgot your email address' link?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach_R, thanks for the prompt reply. Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, I've been trying to sort my life out without access to my email.

In answer to your question above, I was able to access my VM account. However, I was unable to complete the change of email address to a non-Virgin one, as instructed,  because when trying to verify the new non-Virgin one using the verification email, the system would not recognise my password. Then when I tried to reset my password the system would not accept any new password I tried to set-up. despite them fulfilling the password requirements. So I was unable to complete the instructions to allow me to access my VM Email.

I have now just tried to log on to my VM account and the system will not recognise my email or password, so things are now worse!

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi @dhjohnston, thank you for your response.

We're sorry to hear the situation has worsened 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel