cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmare awake.......

Maverick4
Joining in

Along long time ago..... I lost the ability to access my email box on my virginmedia account, no bother I use gmail to check all my accounts so carried on regardless.

Then again many moons ago I had the need to contact the "help" dept, I thought I'd see if I could regain access to the missing email inbox which turned into a complete mess and I had my signing in email addy changed to my step sons....no bother I can still access the package/billing if required.

Now I can't retrieve my main emails which is an  the old Ntlworld account so I had the misfortune to have to call again this monring to see if I can get it restarted.2 phone calls later and I still cannot access my media account inbox, I had my stepsons password changed too without being told, fortunately we had changed the password on another addy & low & behold I got in with that.

I'm now going to sit down with another cuppa and make a third call to see if I can get someone who can get their head around it..... I very much doubt if Ill be any more successful than the previous attempts.

I have a house rental business which uses the Ntlworld address so its causing issues.

Pray for me...

3 REPLIES 3

Maverick4
Joining in

Third time lucky 😀

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Maverick4 wrote:

I have a house rental business

That's a coincidence, so do I. 😊 I also have an Ntlworld email address.

That's where the similarity ends however. I have never, and will never, use VM email for my businesses.

Why?

• It's not reliable enough
  • It's not secure enough
  • It's not well enough supported

to use as an email account for any business. It's designed to be a simple, basic email service for light personal use. Hopefully you have your own backup procedures in place because VM state in their Terms and Conditions that's the customer's responsibility not theirs.

Plus of course, when / if you switch to another broadband provider you will lose access to all your VM email accounts permanently. (VM email accounts are only provided to VM broadband customers)

I use my own domain for business emails but as you already have a Gmail account I would strongly advise you to consider opening a new Gmail account and using that for your business.

I know there is an overhead changing email accounts but once it's done you will have resolved the matter once and for all. 

I'm sorry,  🤔  but there is just not enough information in your post to be able to offer you any advice on how you might be able to regain access to your Ntlworld account without involving VM customer services.

However, if your prayers remain unanswered after communing with VM customer services feel free to post back here with more details and the error messages that you are getting.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Maverick4,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having ongoing issues with some of your email accounts and haven't been able to get the help you need when speaking with our team. I appreciate this must be frustrating.

So we can help further, can you please confirm if these email addresses are attached to an active broadband subscription with us? If so, have you been able to access your My Virgin Media account without any issues?

Let us know

Beth

Beth