Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New Webmail Login Screen Does Not Remember Account

I have several email accounts and with the old webmail login screen I only had to type the first letter of an email account and the rest of the account name would display for selection, thus saving me the bother of typing in the whole address. As I have several email accounts this saved me a lot of time and typing.

The new login screen does not remember the previously typed addresses, forcing me to type the whole address which is a real pain.

I have tested this with several different browsers and it is the same on all.

Please fix this or revert to the old webmail login screen.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Webmail Login Screen Does Not Remember Account

The VIPs have raised this behind the scenes.

We don't know the reason for this apparent change in not allowing auto-fill. An obvious thought is that this is for security reasons. But don't hold us to that.

There will be no going back to the old style of log in screen. This is the first of many changes to the VM single sign on system that will be introduced over the near future.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Super solver
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@HowardML wrote:

We don't know the reason for this apparent change in not allowing auto-fill.

Strangely enough, Firefox is still showing my saved username and password (behind the usual dots) when I sign in to both Webmail and MyVirgin Media via the new pages.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The issue being raised here AFAICS concerns autocomplete and not autofill; the former present choices as your type of previously saved values whilst the latter pre-populates certain fields upon load.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Super solver
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@用心棒 wrote:

The issue being raised here AFAICS concerns autocomplete and not autofill; the former present choices as your type of previously saved values whilst the latter pre-populates certain fields upon load.

Oh, ok, what I'm seeing is autocomplete - a choice of previously saved values.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it's autocomplete, and it's there to save you having to type the same thing every time and to remove it means you now do have to type the same thing every time, several times if you have several accounts.

Is that making it better for users?

No it isn't.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

"A rose by any other name......." And please note we have raised this as an issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks HowardML - let's hope this is fixed quickly

0 Kudos