cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Web Server Blacklisted

dlwhite4
Joining in

We have a brand new web server with a brand new IP address, the SPF and DKIM both pass when mail is sent to a Google account.  The PTR record also appears to be valid.

Mail to an @ntlworld.com has been blocked due to the IP being blacklisted - it doesn't appear on any blacklists when being checked.

Just getting the error F1C18140052: host mxin5.virginmedia.com[84.116.6.18] refused to talk to me: 550 mx1-prd-nl1-vmo.edge.unified.services mx1-prd-nl1-vmo.edge.unified.services in the mail logs.

9 REPLIES 9

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dlwhite4 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Does the info here help at all? 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Unfortunately not.  The IP address has no connection to Virgin Media - but your customers are unable to receive their order notifications from a website.  It may need escalating to another team, but there doesn't appear to be an contact details for this type of thing - like with Yahoo or Google etc.

Can you confirm if you're using a VPN dlwhite4? If so, does it work when not connected to it?

Alex_Rm

dlwhite4
Joining in

This isn't a personal email issue - it is a dedicated server hosting a website. 

It is sending email into the virgin media mail servers that is the problem.

We wouldn't block any of this stuff what is giving you the impress that this is the server? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

dlwhite4
Joining in

Matt

I think that because it is exactly what your mail server is returning in the response to the email being sent:

F1C18140052: host mxin5.virginmedia.com[84.116.6.18] refused to talk to me: 550 cmgw mx6-prd-nl1-vmo.edge.unified.services MXIN109 Reverse DNS for your IP xx.xxx.xxx.xx is blacklisted here.

Hi dlwhite4,

Thanks for coming back to us. We have checked from our end and your websites IP address is not blacklisted. Can we ask what the name of your website is or what it is that you have set up if possible.

Thanks Jodi. 

Jodi

How can you have possibly checked - the IP address was redacted out in my message with the error log to ensure this was kept private.

I am happy to provide this and will send you a PM if that is OK.

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dlwhite4 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. We can certainly look into the issue with your IP address, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss.

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina