forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
landilover
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Email

Hi.

I have tried to set up a new email address but when it goes to complete I get an error saying 'Sorry there is a an error' and takes me back to Virgin Media. When I try again the email I wanted says it's not available.

So I tried to change the name of one I already had, this won't activate as I haven't received the confirmation email. So I ask for it to be sent again. Nothing! It does say not to worry if confirmation email not received as it means the address has already been verified. But it hasn't. I have tried every day for a week but nothing. I do receive the email to say the name has been changed but no confirmation email.

Please help! 😔

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Email

Hi landilover,

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the Community Forums. Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to get your email registered. Can you confirm if this is on the Virgin Media site or the Virgin Mobile site?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Corey_C  FYI only VM broadband accounts can create secondary email addresses, so it must be the Virgin Media site.

There have been a number of posts recently reporting issues with the account creation process.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

landilover
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

It was on the Virgin Media site.

I have been on holiday so I rang today and spoke to one of your advisors. I asked for help changing one of my email addresses as I had not received the confirmation email. The advisor kept putting me on hold and then said he had sorted it. But all he has done is stopped me accessing my account. I now can't do anything. When I said I hadn't received the new confirmation email he then cut me off. The advisor obviously didn't know what he was doing. I set the email up so that members of my caravan club could pre-book a self-isolated pitch on our pop up camp site which starts this Wednesday. I now have people who will have emailed and I can't check to see how many have booked. Nightmare!

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Landilover,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry you're having this problem with your email registry. 

Can I ask if you have registered for your Virgin Media account and can sign into this okay? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos