cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to access old Blueyonder email

Carwash1
Joining in

My Faccebook account is linked to my old blueyonder email which I no longer have access to.

I want to update this to my current Gmail 

I cant remember my Facebook password so I need to access my blueyonder email 

Help what do I do 

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Carwash1 wrote:

Help what do I do 

If that Blueyonder email account was opened as part of a now closed Virgin Media broadband account it is more than likely that the email account as been deleted, or at least rendered inaccessible by VM. They say that  90 days after a broadband account is closed they delete all email accounts associated with it.

If you are no longer a Virgin Media broadband customer the only option you have is to try the "Forgotten password" route from this link https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password 

Unfortunately VM have recently made changes to the security on their email accounts which mean that is unlikely to work. Still worth trying though.

If you do still have a VM broadband account then one of the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) will be able to take a look at this for you. One of them will contact you via this thread in the next day or so.

Finally though,  I am sure you have already looked at this https://en-gb.facebook.com/help  but if not here is what FB say; (note the bullet point item I have underlined)

Recover your account if you can't access the email address or mobile number on the account

Here are some things you can try to get back into your account so you can reset your password.
Use an alternative email address or phone number to log in
You may be able to get back into your Facebook account by using an alternative email address or mobile phone number listed on your account.
If you don't know what alternative information you have:
  • Using a computer or mobile phone that you have previously used to log in to your Facebook account, go to facebook.com/login/identify and follow the instructions.
  • Learn how to reset your password once you get back into your account.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Carwash1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about your concerns around the blueyonder email account.

As coenoby has correctly advised, this may not be possible if the email account is no longer active or connected to a live broadband account with us.

I would also advise to follow the helpful steps suggested and let us know how you get on. 

I will send you a private message now so we can take some further details.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

albatross1
Just joined

@Carwash1 wrote:

My Faccebook account is linked to my old blueyonder email which I no longer have access to.

I want to update this to my current Gmail 

Help what do I do 

@Carwash1 I'd really like to know if you got an answer to this as I have the exact same issue with an old Facebook account I can't close down, which is associated with a Blue Yonder account I can't access.  None of the steps Facebook advises work because I no longer have the same mobile number or access to the same devices I would've logged in on.  

Any help appreciated.