Menu
pskmoorhead
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Need old ntlworld.com email addresses removed

Hi. I migrated from virgin media to a virgin business broadband package a couple of years ago, and before I moved I set up a redirect on email from my ntlworld email accounts (mine and my wife's) thinking that they would only hang around for a few weeks after I stopped being a virgin media customer.

We'll they're still there several years later and we're both getting a ton of spam redirected to us. Could someone please help us get them removed?  I note from previous posts that contacting the Virgin Media support line is unlikely to be useful. It's also impossible to raise a ticket directly without a valid account so I'm going around in circles.

thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Need old ntlworld.com email addresses removed

Hello pskmoorhead

Thanks for taking the time to raise your email query via the forums, we're happy to help and welcome to the forums!

I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to look into getting these old email addresses deleted.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rob

0 Kudos
richpo
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robert, 

I have a similar issue to pskmoorhead with an old obsolete ntlworld.com email address.

I am receiving forwarded messages saying that someone is trying to access my Amazon account and such like.

I would like to delete the ntlworld email address please. Hope ypu can help

regards, Richard Pountney

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @richpo

Welcome to the Community Help Forums 🙂 thank you for your post regarding deleting your obsolete NTLworld email address.

I shall PM you now for the details required and get this sorted for you!

Serena

0 Kudos
richpo
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I  was told that my obsolete email [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED] would be removed but I am still getting spam forwarded from it

Please help

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well, did you answer the private message that Serena_C sent you two weeks ago?  If you didn't who's at fault that the address is still being used since it only takes VM a week to delete them properly once  the issue is raised? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
richpo
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes I did reply. Are you always this charming on this helpline?

0 Kudos
richpo
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

And she replied that she had raiswed a ticket to get the issue sorted.

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi richpo,

Thanks for getting back in touch. I've just checked the IT ticket that my colleague raised for you. Unfortunately, as your account is still active, we wouldn't be able to delete the primary email address. However, you can delete secondary mailboxes through your MyVM page. Please let me know if you need any help with this.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@richpo 

You might find what I said in this thread about primary email addresses of some interest. I've explained how you can dispense with their use but that they can never, ever be deleted.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closing-hacked-NTL-account/m-p/4704445#M216962

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks