cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to permanently delete an orphaned virginmedia mail account

Janineoxley
Tuning in

Can anyone please help me, I have an orphaned virginmedia.com email address, hackers have got into it and are sending emails to me as well as trying to change all my information with linked accounts I’ve had. 
I really need this mail box permanently deleted , I haven’t been a customer of virgin for 4 years but must have had that email address as a back up on some of my other accounts and bills etc, now the mailbox has been completely taken over and they’re trying to gain access to all sorts of my information. Can someone please help me.

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Janineoxley wrote:

really need this mail box permanently deleted................... Can someone please help me.

The Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) can arrange to have that account fully deleted for you. One of the Team will contact you in the next day or so and take the details via the forum's Private Message facility.

Just a tip, once you hear from VM that the account has been deleted you can check that for yourself. Send a test message to that email address and see if you get a non delivery error message back. If you don't it means the mailbox is still live.

The reason I suggest that is that sometimes VM's deletion process seems to stall. It removes access to the VM Webmail account, so you cannot access the account online. However,the mailbox itself can remain open so it can still send and receive emails via email apps and clients. That may be what has happened to your old VM account at the moment.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi yes, I believe this is what has happened as the actual email address is still active but not via webmail. Really need it to be deleted permanently as the people who have hacked it are trying to get into everything else of mine, so the sooner it can be deleted the better.

thank you for your response, I hope to hear from a virginmedia rep soon so they can complete this for me 🙂 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Janineoxley

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community

My apologies for the email issues. 

I'll send you a PM now to assist further

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi Janineoxley

Thanks for joining me on PM and providing me the details. I have logged this with our IT team to do the deletion of the account. They'll do this asap. 

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thank you so much for your help

Hi @Janineoxley you're very welcome, please let us know if you need further help in the future!

Many thanks

Tom_W