Menu
quoc
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Need access to my old email ntlworld.com

Hi Every One,

I just moved to my new house last month and the Virgin Media told me that they did not cover my area so they gave me 90 days to back up my ntlworld.com email.  So I took my time as they said 90 days to back up my emails but suddenly I could not log in my Virgin Email any more as they said I was not Virgin Media customer.  I would appreciate very much if any one could help to show me the way to retrieve my emails as I have been with them so many years and these emails are important to me.

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

Quoc

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need access to my old email ntlworld.com

@quoc wrote:

I would appreciate very much if any one could help to show me the way to retrieve my emails as I have been with them so many years and these emails are important to me.

Rather than going via your My Virgin Media account you could try signing in to your email account directly from this link. Just enter your email address and password into this screen https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
quoc
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Coenoby,

Many thanks for your suggestion but it didn’t work.  When I clicked in your link, I got this message:

2729F638-CBCC-4BFE-AE12-B7BB0A86FE8C.png

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@quoc wrote:

Many thanks for your suggestion but it didn’t work.  When I clicked in your link, I got this message:

Unfortunately, when you get the "Mailbox unavailable" error that usually means that the mailbox has been locked so it needs action by Virgin Media to unlock it.

One of the Forum Team, (VM employees) can arrange to get that sorted for you. That is your best option, trying to go via the telephone customer services is going to be tough going. 😉

Just wait here and one of the team will pick up your post and contact you via this forum. That may take a while but they will reach you. In the meantime do not post the address here.

Coenoby

If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
quoc
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your advice, Coenoby.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@quoc wrote:

Thanks for your advice, Coenoby.

Sorry, I have just realised that I should have added that I have assumed from your first post that you are still within the 90 days run off period after leaving VM.

If that is the case, although you are no longer a customer of VM you still have the right to access your old email account and I would have thought that the forum team will still be able to help you.

Coenoby

0 Kudos
quoc
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Coenoby,

My 90 days has not been expired yet but my Virgin email has been blocked.  That’s really annoys me.  I don’t want to leave Virgin Media but my area I moved in, Virgin Media doesn’t cover.

What I am hoping is some Virgin Media techinal guys allow me to get back into my email to backup.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi quoc, I'll send you a Private Message to get some details from you and see if the email account is still there for me to see. Please reply back to it.

Thanks,

Lisa