Menu
emmadoyle78
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

NTLworld mailbox unavailable

I think my account may have been the victim of a hacking attempt (as I've recently been hacked on eBay and this is the email I use on that account). This is my primary email account and I have now not been able to access it for over 24 hours.  I have changed the password on the main Virgin media account page but this has not resolved the issue. I really need access again as you can imagine!

The message says to try again in one hour, which I did all day yesterday and still the same this morning. I've tried ringing the number but gave up after being on hold for a while.

Please can someone help, I don't like being forced into a digital detox - I just want my emails back 😞

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: NTLworld mailbox unavailable

Wait here for the VM staff on this Forum to help with unlocking your mailbox. You've done the right thing by changing your password. The team should be along quickly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @emmadoyle78,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you're having some problems with your mailbox at the moment and are looking to get this unlocked.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can acquire some additional details. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

emmadoyle78
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Still unresolved, unfortunately! Is there anyone who can send me another PM to assist. My husband had to use the chatbot earlier (given he's the account holder), the agent said they would email a link for me to his email address but nothing has come through. This was around 1 pm today.

The support pages are very frustrating and I cannot find where the chatbot was and no other articles help as it needs someone at VM to fix!

Thanks

Emma

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@emmadoyle78 Did you reply to the PM that @Zach_R sent you this morning?

It can take several days for some of these issues to be resolved if the Forum Team have to refer it to their IT colleagues.

If there is a difficulty in clearing security with your husband being the account holder, you could get him to set up an account on this community and respond to this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
emmadoyle78
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, yes I replied to him and eventually got to the chat bot, then an agent on the live chat. The agent said it would be done within an hour of chatting with them. Obviously, we've now waited all afternoon and still nothing. It's just really frustrating when this has come about because I've been hacked on another platform, I need to be getting on with changing passwords in other apps/accounts but can't because the reset links are always sent to my @ntlworld.com email address.

Have a good evening

0 Kudos