cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLworld email user

SD956
Joining in

After complaining to VM that my email would not load to my phone , an hour and 3 agents later i was told to call back with a new gmail /yahoo email for my NTL mail to be uploaded and updated onto this new email address 

i have a lot mail on NTL world i need to have access to , will this work?  

1 REPLY 1

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The change of Sign in Email Address does not affect use of your Virgin Media email account / address.

Virgin Media recently introduced multifactor authentication to improve account security — sadly this change has not publicised AFAIK. As a consequence when making specific changes to your account via My Virgin Media you will be prompted to change your Sign in Email Address to a non-Virgin Media one, if not already done,  before the change can be made. To change your Sign in Email Address:

1. sign in to My Virgin Media
  2. select Account settings > Account details > Edit as highlighted below:
    2023-08-12-c.jpeg
  3. change your Sign in Email Address to a non-Virgin Media one and select Save
  4. select the verification link sent to your non-Virgin Media email address to verify change; be aware it can take 5 minutes it to arrive
  5. going forward use your non-Virgin Media email address with your current password when signing into My Virgin Media or webmail

If the issue with accessing emails on your phone involved its email client then:

1. sign in to My Virgin Media
  2. select Account settings >Virgin Media Mail settings > Generate new App password and make a note of the password. NB going forward use the App Password with email client, i.e. Thunderbird, etc
  3. In your phone's email client amend the current password to the App Password noted in step 2

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks