Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

NTLworld email has been hacked

Hello.

My NTLworld email account has been hacked, I have logged into my virgin media account but cannot find my NTL email anywhere to be able to reset the password.

I am panicking as someone is accessing to change all my passwords for other accounts.

Any help urgently would be appreciated please.

Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: NTLworld email has been hacked

If your @ntlworld.com address is not linked to your billing account then it may be orphaned.  Did you have a break in services or move house? https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/

At any rate - if the forgotten password function does not help, you will need the attention of the Forum Team to assist in regaining control of the address.  They can then see if it can be  linked to your current billing account via a Move & Transfer, although this would mean you lose any email addresses already linked to the account.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-reset-username-and-password

Try answering the security questions in all capitals.  Best wishes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your response, I am a virgin media customer, but have moved house on at least 3 occasions since- I have always used my NTLworld email address, sounds like I need a member of the forum team to assist me. I have no issues logging into my virgin account but cannot see any link to my NTL email.

thanks again.
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Whitts1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I'll see what I can do with the email, I'll need to send you a PM so we can go through security and then discuss the account

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"