Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

NTLworld.com email locked out

Hello.

Can someone help me please?

I've had an NTLWorld.com email for many years.  This week I seem to be locked out.  I am no longer a virgin media customer but was assured that I could keep my email account.

I have lots of addresses of family and friends and important emails  that I have kept.

Can I please have access to retrieve these?  I am lost without them and I'm very upset that i didn't get any notice of this happening.

I'm 74 years old and totally lost without communication with my friends and family.

Many thanks.

Pam.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: NTLworld.com email locked out

Hi Pam,

Welcome to our Community forum and sorry to hear that you've lost access to your email account. I'm afraid that email address that have no active Virgin accounts are deleted after 90 days after disconnection and the deletion cannot be reversed.

I really am sorry that you was not made aware of this and will feed this back to the relevant team and make sure that it's briefed out.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You have lost me 4 years of saved research, saved urls and emails!

Would you think that is forgivable??

I certainly do not!

Elizabeth Samways
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Elizabeth,

The staff can't do anything but delete the address and mailbox more quickly, but I can give you a few pointers.

Were you using webmail to access your emails?  That is usually the first thing to close, but the mailbox is still in the server.

First check your address using mailtester.com - if the result is RED/does not exist - you have no chance.  But if GREEN-valid, then you can retrieve something by using an email client (programme).  Try Thunderbird which is free and easy to use.  You will need to know the password.

Then you can back up and get ready for a better email service - choose one with better security, better support, better spam filtering.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Backing-up-your-Emails-One-of-many-solutions/m-p/...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos