Menu
RichardG62
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

NTLWorld imap server not responding

I have not been able to access my emails for over a week now on my iphone, ipad or on Virgin Media website. I get error message - imap server not responding. I have checked all the settings and they all appear to be correct on all devices. Can anyone help with an answer?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: NTLWorld imap server not responding

@RichardG62 wrote:

I have not been able to access my emails for over a week now on my iphone, ipad or on Virgin Media website. I get error message - imap server not responding. I have checked all the settings and they all appear to be correct on all devices. Can anyone help with an answer?

You would only need to be concerned about imap settings when using VM webmail if you have set it up to receive emails from another account.  So can you double check what happens when you try to access your ntlworld email account directly from https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

Can you also confirm that the email address concerned is linked to a current virginmedia broadband account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

RichardG62
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply. I have checked this and I can't receive any emails using that either.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You need to help us out here: what error message do you see when logging into VM webmail?

Also, you haven't given an answer as to whether the account concerned is linked to your current active virgin media broadband account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

RichardG62
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The email address is linked to a current virgin broadband account

0 Kudos
RichardG62
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The error message is - The provided login data to access e-mail server imap.virginmedia.com seems to be wrong. Please correct them.

I have checked the settings and I think i have entered them correctly. can someone please confirm the correct setting for NTLWorld email.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The correct settings can be found here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/td-p/3369438/jump-to/first-unread-m...

However, these are not relevant when logging into the account directly via VM webmail.

They are only required when using an email client or when adding the address to another VM webmail account.

RichardG62
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply.

I have checked and updated the settings on my iphone and ipad for the imap server to virginmedia.com from ntlworld.com but i am still getting error message -  mail server imap.virginmedia.com is not responding

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately the error messages on iOS devices are not always helpful, which is why it is worth checking if you can log in directly to VM webmail.

What you could do next is to change the password in My Virgin Media.  You will then need to update it on your devices.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

RichardG62
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have tried making those changes.

However, i still can't access my email account - I am now getting the error message - The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.

0 Kudos