Menu
Sigma
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

NTLWorld email down again?

When trying to check for new mail via an email client, it times out with error 0x800CCC0F.

If I try and sign into webmail, it just times out.

There's a few other people reporting the same issues on Twitter.

martiday
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Not recieveing emails in outlook

Am having trouble with recieveing emails when connected to Virgin Media wifi.

The email address is hosted by Fasthosts using a livemail server and the Outlook connection is using IMAP.

Am able to recieve emails when I'm not connected to the Virgin wifi and can still send emails, but something on the Virgin network appears to be blocking us recieveing emails - the issue is the same across several devices so is not a hardware / software issue. Can also log on to webmail and check emails with no issue.

Have already spent hours on the phone to various support lines with no solutions - can anyboby help?

0 Kudos
Seffrid
Superfast
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: NTLWorld email down again?

Same here. 

Barbara13
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: NTLWorld email down again?

My email is also down
0 Kudos
DancinDiva
Dialled in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Email not working

Unable to access my emails - when I try I get

"This page isn't working at the moment

mail2.virginmedia.com can't currently handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 503"

Cleared cookies etc. restarted but still the same error !
0 Kudos
Commander208
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Cannot Access E-mails.....AGAIN!

Almost 2 weeks ago I had occasion to raise a fault with Customer Service in regard to the inability to access any emails using my blueyonder.co.uk account.  This occurred whether I tried through your imap4 server via my iOS devices, your POP3 server using my laptop or even through your web mail channel.  Each time I tried I got the dreaded "Your mailbox is unavailable.  Please retry in an hour...." message.

Eventually, after almost a week without emails, the issue was resolved by a Level 2 technician who assured me all would be well.

Tonight however, without any warning, I have suddenly lost all email access yet again!  iOS devices return the message "The mail server "imap4.blueyonder.co.uk" is not responding.  Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings".  My laptop returns the message "There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account "Virgin Media" or try again.  The server returned the error: POP username "xxxxxxx@blueyonder.co.uk" unrecognised".  If I try to log in to web mail, it defaults to a blank page headed "https://mail2.virginmedia.com".

After almost 20 years as a subscriber with hardly any technical issues across multiple Virgin Media services, this is the THIRD issue that I have suffered with my email account in the past 8 weeks.  What's going on guys?

I would be really, really grateful if someone reading this message could get this mess sorted out once and for all.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
andrew91
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email not working

Looks like mail2.virginmedia.com hasn't been working for a few hours.

The host is pingable and my browser is able to connect to the webserver.

Occasionally it responds with an error message on a blue background, but mostly it just drops the connection after a few tens of seconds without responding.

0 Kudos
andrew91
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email not working

Here's a capture of the error message.

When this message appears, it only displays for a few seconds. Then it redirects to an empty page.

vm-email-server-error.jpg

0 Kudos
Jamesieboy
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

503 error can't access web mail

I went to check my emails on webmail (it's the only way i check them) and it ha been working perfectly earlier but as soon as I clicked on to refresh my emails it started to take a long time then came up on screen saying "This page isn't working at the moment " and "mail2.virginmedia can't handle this request." and below it says HTTP ERROR 503. Is there a problem with accessing emails through the virgin site just now? If not anyone any ideas how i can get back in to my emails? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
qweet
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

email white screen of death.

hello

When i try to access my email on the virgin website, I log on o.k, but then I click the email link at the top right of the home page and then get a blank white page of death. (so nothing to do with my client settings, it is a server side issue)

I changed my email password today, it went o.k, I had an automated reply to my client to say it had worked, I had a few emails come through for this and that also, all seemed good, But then a few hours later I get errors receiving in my client, so I log on with my new password o.k and find the white screen of death on the website email link/page 

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I hope someone can advise

I am on blueyonder.co.uk

Also I cannot reply to threads. There is a thread that is very similar to this issue but the reply button is not there.

Thank you.

update:I just got a blue screen that said something like  " this service is not available at present, retry? " but then it went quickly back to white and with three animated little bubbles also.

0 Kudos