Menu
JagjitGalsin
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

NTLWorld Account Hacked

I was a NtlWorld customer when Virgin Media was known as that in the past, so i had a ntlworld.com e-mail account. this account has now been compromised and is being abused. I was a Virgin Media home customer for a while but had issues with connectivity, so cancelled my home account and moved to Virgin Media Business account. Problem now i have is that Virgin Media Business have no access to my home account records, Virgin Media Home refuse to help me because they cannot find my home records as i am no longer a customer of home broadband service. I have no means of changing my password on my ntlworld.com e-mail address as i cannot login to it. The smtp address must have been added to my virginmedia.com account as i have this one set up on my mobile and still receive e-mail into it. Please can anyone advise how i can resolve this issue urgently as i have now been a target of threatening mails to me and my family from that mailbox unless i pay to crypto currency. I would appreciate anyone to give me some help asap.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: NTLWorld Account Hacked

Hello

As you are no longer a VM residential customer then all the VM support staff can do is delete the email address.

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

JagjitGalsin
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That will be fantastic if the mail address can be deleted, as its been compromised anyway and is being used by the hackers. It will also give me a chance to flag any apps that are using it and prompt me to change the mail address in those apps. Thank you for the reply, if this can be actioned asap please.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@JagjitGalsin wrote:

Please can anyone advise how i can resolve this issue urgently as i have now been a target of threatening mails to me and my family from that mailbox unless i pay to crypto currency. I would appreciate anyone to give me some help asap.

FYI: see https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/sextortion and if the threatening emails are still of concern contact ActionFraud for advice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@JagjitGalsin wrote:

I have now been a target of threatening mails to me and my family from that mailbox unless i pay to crypto currency. I would appreciate anyone to give me some help asap.

I can completely understand that you want to put a stop to these emails and you should follow the advice of VIP 用心棒 and contact ActionFraud if you have major concerns.

However, rest assured that such threatening emails demanding Bitcoin are very common and are complete scams. In truth the people who send those messages have no idea who you are or what you have been doing.

The scammers use many different ploys but they all play the same psychological game which is to scare their victims into paying up.

Here is another link with more general information on the various "Bitcoin" scams. https://thebitcoinnews.com/bitcoin-email-scams-2020-threatening-blackmail-tactics-used-to-demand-btc... 

Coenoby

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos