cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLWORLD EMAIL NOT WORKING

Emma157
Joining in

Help, my ntlworld.com email is not working - it says password has not been entered - any clues?  It’s my main email and I am stuffed without it!

13 REPLIES 13

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try following the instructions set out here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thanks Graham, I found this by searching but I am not a VM Customer anymore - haven’t been for a while now 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Ntlworld email address will be deleted after you cease to be a VM broadband customer.  You will need to make alternative arrangements for email going forward.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Emma157  in which case I’m afraid to say that you email has gone and isn’t coming back. Use of any of the VM or legacy email addresses is dependent on you being a VM broadband customer. Officially the email addresses should be deleted 90 days after you leave but this doesn’t (as you have found) always happen, eventually though karma catches up with the email address and it gets deleted.

How do I retrieve the emails though?  It only went offline at 2pm today and I’ve had no warning about it being cut off or anything - it’s got so much stuff on it 

Your silence is speaking volumes 😞

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Unfortunately that's the way it works with an email account owned by Virgin, and some other ISPs. They can just delete it if you're not paying them for broadband.  Have you saved a backup of important emails?,

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Emma157, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the email address, when an account is disconnected we would purge the email accounts within 90 days, When you check here does it show that the email address is valid? - Chris

Hi Chris, Thanks for this, it says validation aborted as the system is too busy?  

Thanks