cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL world email stopped

Itsmeruth
Joining in

I am a current VM broadband customer. I have a ntlworld email that i have had since setting up the account many years ago. Last week access to ntlworld emails stopped without warning. Tried through third party app and direct through my VM. Got the following message. 

“Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable

This is either because your Virgin Media Mail account is locked, or because you don’t have an active account with us anymore.

If you have an existing Virgin Media Mail account with us, please follow the steps below, as your account may have been locked as a security precaution.”

i followed the steps but couldn't find the appropriate part of the sequence, ie

b. Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail. 

this step does not appear on the account page.

there are many old emails that I need to check before this email account disappears. Please could you tell me how to reinstate these emails.

6 REPLIES 6

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Itsmeruth 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues accessing your email at this time. 

Do you know if the email in question is link/connected to your active broadband service account? 

If so, please try resetting the password to one that they have NEVER used before for that email address and then wait at least 20 minutes before trying it - it is very important that you wait the full before seeing if this has worked. 

Keep us posted with how you get on. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I have just spent a long time on the phone to VM to be told that NTL world emails are now discontinued. I was supposed to have received an email to tell me this, which of course I can find no record of.

So, thank you for your suggestions, but unfortunately will do no good.

Did the agent advise it was just your email that was removed? 

We have not discontinued all our NTL world email addresses @Itsmeruth and if the mailbox is not removed due to not being linked to an active broadband account, then I would recommend trying the above steps to see if you can regain access. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Itsmeruth
Joining in

As far as I could understand he said that all ntlworld emails had been turned off. The email in question was set up when we first signed with ntlworld before they were acquired by VM. The email has worked fine in all this time. I cannot change my password as i cannot get to a sign in page. I can only assume the email has become orphaned from the mail account. The agent said that the account cannot be recovered.

I still have access to old emails prior to 15th August, so I should be able to change contact details for these.

Thank you

Thanks for coming back to us Itsmeruth,  I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Drumbeat
Dialled in

Having password problems with NTL email using clients. Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird and Postbox all reject generated passwords provided by Virgin. I have had to contact all in my address book to tell them to email me at a Yahoo! address from now on. My NTL address works on Virgin's webmail site, but not in email clients. Raised this problem here two weeks ago, and though someone has tried to help, nothing has happened. I cannot believe this is a difficult problem to fix, but if no-one in Virgin's techy department gets to see my complaints, how will it ever be remedied?