cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL email

Renegade65
Tuning in

Morning

Since yesterday I have been unable to access my NTL email.

At first I thought it could be an Outlook / Android issue as I access my mail via phone.

I reset my mail account / outlook app and deleted cache / data.

This made no difference.

This morning I have attempted to access my mail via outlook on my laptop - same issue, I can't get access.

My login credentials aren't being authenticated even though they are correct.

It seems to be a server issue? Can someone shed some light on this please?

Cheers

8 REPLIES 8

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Renegade65 wrote:

My Ntlword accounts are working fine with Outlook and android so it's unlikely to be a server issue. You can confirm that by seeing if you can sign in to your email account directly via this link: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/     Enter your email address and then your password when prompted.

If you cannot access your VM email account via the VM website then it is likely that your credentials are failing because VM have locked your account for some reason. That's been going on for a while and VM posted advice on how to unlock your account. You can see that here  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

Thanks for the reply, links and info.

Unfortunately, with the first link, I am unable to login and with the second link  which looks like it's issues from over a year ago, I can't get access either??

As you said, you can access your NTL account(s) so seems to be an account specific issue.

I've had issues with my legacy accounts previously, and have been posting on here looking for help.

My email accounts were ported from a now non-existant Virgin account (house move to a non Virgin area) to a partners existing Virgin account.

This was screwed up from the beginning, with Virgin tech support deleting one of the accounts without my knowledge whilst specifically stating both accounts were being ported over.

I've had issues previously where I had lost access to my email, which seemed to resolve itself.

Hi Renegade65, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you have lost access to an email address/account.  As even the advice from the fantastic coenoby, has not resolved your specific issue,  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

jem101
Superstar

@Renegade65 wrote:

Morning

Since yesterday I have been unable to access my NTL email.

At first I thought it could be an Outlook / Android issue as I access my mail via phone.

I reset my mail account / outlook app and deleted cache / data.

This made no difference.

This morning I have attempted to access my mail via outlook on my laptop - same issue, I can't get access.

My login credentials aren't being authenticated even though they are correct.

Cheers

I'm afraid to say that from what you have said, I do believe there is a very good chance that the email addresses and mailboxes have been deleted now, especially if, as you say, they messed up the move and transfer of the mailbox accounts some time back. I suspect they were never properly associated with your partners broadband account and hence were classed as orphaned and have been swept up in a periodic cleanup.

But let's wait and see what the forum team can come up with to help.

Message sent Lee

Cheers

Hey Jem

I actually managed to get access to my email earlier, via my partners Virgin login.

I've pm'd Lee as there's definite issues.

Hopefully it can be resolved.

I've already lost one account and don't want to lose the only other one I have.

kaguangi
Joining in

hello Guys 

I have had my Ntlworld email since 2001, and this is the 1st time am struggling to login  directly or using an email client like macos mail . i have changed my imap and smtp settings to no avail.  on chrome, firefox and edge i keep getting forbidden message. is me or or is virgin media going down if not full toto. 

Hi kaguangi, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you've been unable to access your Virgin Media issued email address.  As you've tried the troubleshooting steps as per here, I would like to take a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R