Menu
stuartclifford
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

NTL email orphaned

Hi! I've got an issue accessing an old NTL world email. I no longer have the password and speaking to tech support seems that they can no longer reset that password because it is linked to an old, not current VM account. I believe this classes is as orphaned.

It's the exact same problem as in here Solved: Lost ntlworld email password - Virgin Media Community - 4103102

I note that in that thread it quotes: "It can possible in some circumstances to move your email address from your old account to your new account - HOWEVER, this would be at the expense of any email addresses you currently have linked to your new account.

Please do let us know if you would like us to attempt to move the email to your currently active account and we can process an IT ticket for you to see if this is possible".

I have attempted to reset the password using security questions, but my belief is that these are not set up to the NTL email. They're place of birth and DOB, something I won't forget in a hurry.

Is there a way for me to get this sorted and processed to be linked with the new VM account? I'd like it to be moved over, as there is no email currently linked to my VM account, so there is nothing to be lost.

Regards,

Stuart

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: NTL email orphaned

Staff can arrange that but it can only be done if the account is still active. If its been deleted already it won't be recoverable.

It will take staff about a week to get to the post

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
stuartclifford
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you apcyberax, that's reassuring.

I don't think it will have already been deleted, I don't receive an undeliverable message when I try and email it from another account.

I'll keep my fingers crossed! 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI stuartclifford, thanks for the message, can you check that it is valid here if so we can look at moving it to the new account, if not we would also be able to delete this for you. Chris 

0 Kudos