Menu
BEF
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

NTL email not connecting

I use Mac latest version on Safari. I get the Timed Out error RETRY over and over again?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: NTL email not connecting

Are you using a previously saved bookmark to access email?  If so read this: Logging-into-your-email-account-with-a-bookmark 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BEF
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham, thank you, I should have said I tried this option first. I deleted my old saved bookmark and I still got the same error by signing in to a new My Virgin Media direct from the internet. I have been trying all day to speak to someone using Chatline and telephone but I am afraid I may have even lost my job over this extremely annoying error. I may just cancel my VM account after many years of being with them. My apologies Graham but I really am so furious.
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm sorry to read that.  I will flag this to the Community Lead as he is collating issues with the new sign in page. @Kev_B 

Do you have an alternative browser installed on your Mac?  If so please try signing in on that, other users have found this helps 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
BEF
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I don't have an alternative browser but I will look to find one that is suitable for Mac. I don't know if this would help your Lead Man in his investigations?

Safari can't open the page - "https://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&folder=flhawlw01QOKSZ" because the server where the page is located isn't responding

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Well the link you posted worked first time for me, so that does rather imply a browser issue.

Suggest you try clearing your browser cache and deleting any cookies relating to Virginmedia.  Or, if available in Safari,  try using an incognito/private browsing window as this should ignore the cache and cookies.

0 Kudos
bigboy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have had problems all day getting ntlworld email on the mobile!

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have had problems all day getting ntlworld email on the mobile! "

@bigboy  your earlier posts suggest that you are experiencing the intermittent connection issue via an email client.  This is unconnected to the webmail/my Virgin media sign in changes made overnight.

0 Kudos
BEF
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Graham that appears to have fixed it! I cleared out the last two days only and deleted all my other bookmarks. Thank you so much for your help! I have calmed down now so I won't be closing my VM a/c. However, for many years I have had a huge problem finding help on the VM website. So from now on I will come straight to the community. Many thanks!

BEF
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Graham, I spoke too quick! after it has been working fine all morning it has just disappeared and I can't get back in? all I did was switch to my sent mail and it continually searched and then I tried to go back to my inbox and got the timed out - reload message again...

0 Kudos