cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL email account 'your mailbox is not available at the moment'

MarJay
Joining in

I am not able to log into my email account. When I try I just get a message 'your mailbox is not available at the moment'. It's a legacy NTLworld email address. It has many accounts associated with it, and it's extremely important I retain access to it.

I have tried managing my account and changing my password, but this has had no effect.

7 REPLIES 7

MarJay
Joining in

Any help? I've tried the Virgin Media support links and they want me to re-start my router before I do anything else. That's not related to the email account, especially as I can't access the account from anywhere, home or away.

This is extremely frustrating as I'm completely without my email account that is linked to various useful sites. I feel at a loss without access to it!

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you still a Virgin Media broadband user?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @MarJay 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having 😔

In order to discuss this further, we'll send you a private message. Look out for the red envelope in the top right-hand corner.

Regards,

Daniel

I too am having the same Email unavailable situation, after my emails stopped coming through I tried logging in on via VM webpage (I use outlook on pc) and I have ended up on the unavailable page with links to log in to VM Webpage, I click on the email link and filled it in as usual, as that didnt work when I try to go back to logging in, it bypasses the login/forgotten password page, I'm now stuck in a loop, I have important emails due

Hi there @Nigelnovice 👋 Welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you've been having issues with accessing your mailbox, I can certainly understand the frustration.

I have checked our system and can see that you have spoken with the team since posting this? Were they able to help?

If not, usually the best way to access the mailbox after seeing this issue is to log into webmail here and change your password. This will then usually unlock the mailbox.

If you are still struggling with this and need further help please feel free to reach out. We are always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Well after they reset my VM website access password (by the way I was always told this could not be changed) instead of my Email password the other day, after another try today they did it again and now they have had to raise a ticket with IT to get the email password changed

After finding a pinned topic on here I found I could go on the VB website and navigate to a change password section in account settings and successfully reset password