cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

NTL.World email alias access

Biffy
On our wavelength

I have a few .ntlworld.com alias emails associated with my main account, one in particular isn't used often and Ive forgotten the password.

Attempting to use the 'forgotten password' option asks for the email address I use to sign in to my Virgin Media account, no problem there, but upon resetting the password I still can't access the alias email account with that new password, the reason, I discovered after much frustration, is that it only changed the password for my VM account and not the email account in question 🀬.

This is very annoying and is one of the reasons I'm gradually moving all my email addresses away from Virgin as your service is poor, as has been noted with your recent problems.

Is there a way for a competent person to supply with a correct link that enables me to change the password for that individual email and not for my VM account.

Thanks.

* M250 Fibre - Superhub 3 - Apple TimeCapsule WAP - TP-Link Gigabit Router *
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I

@Biffy wrote:

I've checked through all the settings within email, definitely can't see a change password option which is a crazy omission.

Open a new browser tab and:

• go to Login to My Virgin Media | Virgin Media
  • select Sign in and enter authentication credentials
  • select Account Settings > Account Details > Edit (located adjacent to Password)

NB: email clients require the use an App password; to generate select Account Settings > Virgin Media Mail settings > Generate new App password

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or πŸ–’ Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Biffy,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your secondary email looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration πŸ˜₯ 

I can see @Graham_A has already given some great advice on ways to get this issue resolved, have you been able to follow their advice?

I also have a helpful link here in regards to Managing your Email Accounts, please take a look and let us know if this helps.

If not, we can still help here on the forums, please let us know πŸ™‚

Thanks,

Megan_L

Biffy
On our wavelength

None of this seems to help my situation as it's nothing I haven't already tried.

I need a way to change the password for an alias email, not my VM account or my main .ntlworld.com email.

Thanks.

Hi Biffy, 

Thanks for coming back to me about this secondary email issue. 

I'll send you a private message now so we can take a closer look into this for you πŸ€— 

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Biffy, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our private messages, I'm glad I managed to get you access to your email alias after some tweaking on our side 😊

Please let us know if you still need help figuring out where to navigate to in order to change your security password now you're in. 

I believe there is an option to change your password within the email settings, but please let me know if you need further help!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Biffy
On our wavelength

I've checked through all the settings within email, definitely can't see a change password option which is a crazy omission.

Sorry to bump your thread but have the Forum team gone on strike? I've posted about an issue with myself and had no response whatsoever, I've given plenty of time for a response...

Hi Muffintastic,

Thanks for joining in on the discussion, sorry you've had no response to your own post πŸ˜₯ 

What's your issue please and we'll see if we can help? 

Thanks,

Megan_L