cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL World Email has been hacked and I have now left Virgin Media as I moved. I cannot stop hackers

CarrieH
Tuning in

Please can someone help, I have an old ntlworld account which has been hacked.  I am unable to access my virgin media account as I am no longer a customer, due to moving.  I urgently need this email accessed and stopped.  Please can someone advise how to help.  I have contacted customer services and they said they couldn't help and to contact ntlworld, which is now of course Virginmedia. The email must to accessible somewhere as the hackers are accessing it and intercepting emails.

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@CarrieH The VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you with this when they reach the thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks

Hi @CarrieH 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear your mailbox has been hacked. This should have been deleted 90 days after your broadband services were cancelled but some do slip through the net!

I'm going to pop you a PM now to confirm some details and we can raise a ticket with our IT team to get this deleted. 

Speak to you soon 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your time via PM @CarrieH 

I have requested for the mailbox concerned to be removed now. 

As soon as I have an update, I will let you know. 

I'll be in touch soon 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @CarrieH,

Just following up with an update for you. 

Our IT team have advised the mailbox has now been removed. 

If I can help with anything else, please let me know. 

All the best! 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thank you so much for your kind help.